Current on-board booking perks

cat maran

I'm just off Connie's TA to Rome and pulled my various offers received during that trip.

Some offers seem to have been relative only to those on the TA booking another TA:

• Book a TA and reeive fre gratuities on Veranda or higher
  • Up to $300 OBC

Other offers I found in the paperwork and advertised in various Celebrity Today's received on board:

• Up to $500 OBC to use on current cruise or saved for the future one booked
  • Combine with 1-2-3 promotion
  • 123 All-inclusive now available on board only - Window or Veranda choose 1 perk, Concierge and above get all 3, plus up to $500 add'l OBC

About a week or so before we boarded the Infinity last February we received an e-mail with the latest on-board booking promo materials. So I printed off the e-mail and put it in our travel folder. We dropped by the future cruise sales office the day after we boarded, and already the on-board booking offers had changed.

We're ina dilemma as the 123 is on the UK site until Tuesday and we board Thursday so hedging bets at the moment that onboard is better

I just looked at the UK website and the current offer (ending Tuesday) is not "1-2-3" but is "Drinks on Us". It is only for selected European sailings between June and October 2015 for balcony and above. OBC is also offered. I expect booking on board your up and coming cruise will be better especially if you are not intending to book a cruise on one of the 'selected' sailings.

When I checked out the T&C on the Celebrity website for the above offer, there was a second offer also shown. It is called ECALLIN and only applies to bookings made on board the Eclipse 7th May cruise. ECALLIN is the full 1-2-3 Offer on balcony bookings and above. I looked at the Eclipse 7th May sailing which is the only one when this promo can be applied and it is a 2 night cruise from Southampton priced from £299pp for Oceanview (interior is sold out). Seems to me a reasonable way to make a saving on future cruises and enjoying a short trip on Eclipse too.

I'm on that cruise and hence my dilemma as the UK off right now is drinks and 400obc but I don't know how much the OBC will be onboard

Thanks for checking

This is what I found on the website:

Eclipse Offer Terms and Conditions

1. The ECALLIN promotion is valid for new bookings created and confirmed between 07th - 31st May 2015 meeting the conditions stated.

2. The ECALLIN promotion is valid for selected sailings departing between July 2015 and April 2017

3. Book Balcony and above and receive all THREE of: Free Classic Alcoholic beverage package, Free Gratuities and Free On-board Spend

(On-board Spend amounts vary depending on duration of cruise)

3-5 nights - $100 On-board spend per stateroom

6-9 nights - $200 On-board spend per stateroom

10+ nights - $300 On-board spend per stateroom"

4. The ECALLIN promotion offers is through a promotion code. Please ensure that you apply ECALLIN promo code at the time of booking. Adding a promo code after booking has been created and confirmed within campaign booking period will be at prevailing rate.

Interior & Oceanview staterooms and Z, Y, X, XC, XA and W staterooms are not applicable to the promotion.

5. The ECALLIN promotion Free Classic Alcoholic beverage package and Free Gratuities is applicable to the 1st & 2nd guest in the stateroom only. On-board Spend is per stateroom, On-board Spend amounts vary depending on duration of cruise.6. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from North America & Middle East is 21. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is 18. If the eligible guest is under the age of 18 or 21 for North America & Middle East sailings on the date of sailing, we can provide a Non Alcoholic Classic beverage package upon request, please call Celebrity Cruises to request this only applicable to the 1st & 2nd guest in the stateroom. Passenger date of birth information must be provided at the time of booking before the Classic Alcoholic beverage package can be applied. This is a legal requirement and we reserve the right to withdraw the package if guests do not meet the qualifying criteria. Please drink responsibly.

7. The ECALLIN promotion is only applicable to guests travelling on EC 07-May-2015 sailing in GBP & EUR (IRL) currencies.

There is a lot more but this covers the main points. Happy booking!!

Edited by laslomas

I'm just off Connie's TA to Rome and pulled my various offers received during that trip.

Other offers I found in the paperwork and advertised in various Celebrity Today's received on board:

• Up to $500 OBC to use on current cruise or saved for the future one booked
  • Combine with 1-2-3 promotion
  • 123 All-inclusive now available on board only - Window or Veranda choose 1 perk, Concierge and above get all 3, plus up to $500 add'l OBC

DQOTD

If you know:

If one booked and took the OBC right away, can you still transfer the booking from "X" to a travel agent?

What happens if you cancel the booking?

DQOTD

If you know:

If one booked and took the OBC right away, can you still transfer the booking from "X" to a travel agent?

What happens if you cancel the booking?

We had this exact offer last month when we booked concierge class.

For the $500 OBC you could only take $200 of the credit right away. The $300 had to remain for the future cruise.

The deposit was $100 per person. If you do cancel though once home, you don't receive the $200 deposited refunded as you took $200 OBC on the last cruise so it balances out.

If you hadn't taken any OBC on the last cruise and kept the $500 for the future cruise, but needed to cancel, you would received your deposit refund back.

I am a TA myself and had no problem using the $200 OBC on my current cruise and then transferring the cruise to myself / my agency when back on land.

Another question: iwhat is the deposit amount if booked while onboard? The last time we booked while onboard, the amount of the deposit was greatly reduced; however the perks were not nearly so good.

We booked onboard Solstice last month and deposit for a 12 night cruise was $100 per person.

Perks were prepaid gratuities, onboard credit or drinks package as listed in the above post. Concierge class got all three perks.

This is what I found on the website:

Eclipse Offer Terms and Conditions

1. The ECALLIN promotion is valid for new bookings created and confirmed between 07th - 31st May 2015 meeting the conditions stated.

2. The ECALLIN promotion is valid for selected sailings departing between July 2015 and April 2017

3. Book Balcony and above and receive all THREE of: Free Classic Alcoholic beverage package, Free Gratuities and Free On-board Spend

(On-board Spend amounts vary depending on duration of cruise)

3-5 nights - $100 On-board spend per stateroom

6-9 nights - $200 On-board spend per stateroom

10+ nights - $300 On-board spend per stateroom"

4. The ECALLIN promotion offers is through a promotion code. Please ensure that you apply ECALLIN promo code at the time of booking. Adding a promo code after booking has been created and confirmed within campaign booking period will be at prevailing rate.

Interior & Oceanview staterooms and Z, Y, X, XC, XA and W staterooms are not applicable to the promotion.

5. The ECALLIN promotion Free Classic Alcoholic beverage package and Free Gratuities is applicable to the 1st & 2nd guest in the stateroom only. On-board Spend is per stateroom, On-board Spend amounts vary depending on duration of cruise.6. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from North America & Middle East is 21. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Celebrity Cruises ships sailing from South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand is 18. If the eligible guest is under the age of 18 or 21 for North America & Middle East sailings on the date of sailing, we can provide a Non Alcoholic Classic beverage package upon request, please call Celebrity Cruises to request this only applicable to the 1st & 2nd guest in the stateroom. Passenger date of birth information must be provided at the time of booking before the Classic Alcoholic beverage package can be applied. This is a legal requirement and we reserve the right to withdraw the package if guests do not meet the qualifying criteria. Please drink responsibly.

7. The ECALLIN promotion is only applicable to guests travelling on EC 07-May-2015 sailing in GBP & EUR (IRL) currencies.

There is a lot more but this covers the main points. Happy booking!!

You have to love the way conditions 1 and 7 contradict each other :s

Do Celebrity ever have these perks available on any of their re-positioning cruises e.g. Honolulu to Sydney?

We will be going on a Solstice cruise in March 2016 to the South Pacific and also want to book the cruise from Honolulu back to Sydney in Sept of the same year, would love to wait and book onboard if we can get any perks.

Do Celebrity ever have these perks available on any of their re-positioning cruises e.g. Honolulu to Sydney?

We will be going on a Solstice cruise in March 2016 to the South Pacific and also want to book the cruise from Honolulu back to Sydney in Sept of the same year, would love to wait and book onboard if we can get any perks.

Not sure about booking onboard, however if booking from home, the 123 pick perks promo doesn't apply for the Honolulu to Sydney / Sydney to Honolulu voyages.

There may be some onboard credit available if booking through a TA or a promo fare from home, but depends on the sales.

Later this year we're cruising for the first time with Celebrity and we hoping to lock in our 2016 cruise while on board.

We're number crunching atm to see if we can maybe do 2 cruises back to back in 2016.

Is it possible to book 2 cruises on board with the 123 offers applying to both cruises?

You have to love the way conditions 1 and 7 contradict each other :s

There were many other conditions and I think one was that you could book after the cruise, but you needed to have been on the cruise. Also it stated what other offers it was, or was not, combinable with. I went back to the website today to check this out, and strangely all the information I saw yesterday is no longer there!! :eek:

Does this mean they have changed their mind about it ?- or possibly someone put the T&C on the website before they should have? :confused:

Later this year we're cruising for the first time with Celebrity and we hoping to lock in our 2016 cruise while on board.

We're number crunching atm to see if we can maybe do 2 cruises back to back in 2016.

Is it possible to book 2 cruises on board with the 123 offers applying to both cruises?

You can book any number of cruises on board, and any perks that apply to each cruise booked will be granted to each cruise as an independent cruise.

This is to say, if you book a normal cruise and get perks, that if you book the B2B and the 2nd part is a repositioning type cruise with limitations to perks, perhaps that leg won't get the same perks as the 1st did.

We had this exact offer last month when we booked concierge class.

For the $500 OBC you could only take $200 of the credit right away. The $300 had to remain for the future cruise.

The deposit was $100 per person. If you do cancel though once home, you don't receive the $200 deposited refunded as you took $200 OBC on the last cruise so it balances out.

If you hadn't taken any OBC on the last cruise and kept the $500 for the future cruise, but needed to cancel, you would received your deposit refund back.

I am a TA myself and had no problem using the $200 OBC on my current cruise and then transferring the cruise to myself / my agency when back on land.

Excellent!

Thanks for the quick answer. Now I will do a bit of pre-cruise research into a future booking. I tend to leave them until we board and panic... :p

You can book any number of cruises on board, and any perks that apply to each cruise booked will be granted to each cruise as an independent cruise.

This is to say, if you book a normal cruise and get perks, that if you book the B2B and the 2nd part is a repositioning type cruise with limitations to perks, perhaps that leg won't get the same perks as the 1st did.

Thanks! Excellent info and good point about the limitations etc ..I appreciate your clear explanation it is a good help in our budgeting and planning :)