premium vista balcony question

Aft wraps are one of my favorite cabins, it is all about the balcony. These rooms typically are the first that are sold out (because there are not many of them). There are some unique features with some of these rooms. Which ship are you sailing on?

Aft wraps are one of my favorite cabins, it is all about the balcony. These rooms typically are the first that are sold out (because there are not many of them). There are some unique features with some of these rooms. Which ship are you sailing on?

right now looking at the dream or the vista......is there much sway or engine / propeller noise in these cabins?

right now looking at the dream or the vista......is there much sway or engine / propeller noise in these cabins?

I have never felt sway, and the engines are far away. There are however, some propeller noise/vibrations which frankly I enjoy a LOT. I also love the view of the churn. The one negative is when the side thrusters are in use (or the azipods are turned - for those ships that have them) when you leave a pier, there is significant vibration.

Lastly, on any Dream class ship, the cabins get smaller as you go up due to the slope of the ship. This means that the only floor for 9C's that have couches are the 6th floor (we only stay in these in Dream class ships). If he couch is not meaningful to you, then no worries. Also, the room layouts differ slight from floor to floor due to some staff stairwells (and they would be yours in the event of a muster event). Hope this helps.

we did the aft wrap balcony on the glory and it was great. the balcony of course is the main attraction. the layout of the room made it feel bigger and more open. and on the glory the room was extremely quiet and never heard a sound or felt a vibration. and the view was great. we had room 6483. i know there is a thread going now how bad the aft rooms shake on the pride. so i guess every ship is different. not sure about the dream or vista.

we did the aft wrap balcony on the glory and it was great. the balcony of course is the main attraction. the layout of the room made it feel bigger and more open. and on the glory the room was extremely quiet and never heard a sound or felt a vibration. and the view was great. we had room 6483. i know there is a thread going now how bad the aft rooms shake on the pride. so i guess every ship is different. not sure about the dream or vista.

I have this same room booked on the Glory for my 40th birthday cruise next year! Glad to hear yet another good review of the room. [emoji4]

We only book the wraps and that is because we do love the balcony and the layout of the room. They do seem roomier than a regular balcony room and the balcony itself is great for laying out but most importantly we enjoy the balcony when saying goodbye to a port. Depending on the ship, we have felt the thrusters but that just means we are arriving or departing sort of our own clock, no big deal to us. However the poster is correct depending on the ship the and the angle of the slope in the back the balcony width can become smaller so we always book on the 6th floor. Will be back on our wrap in three weeks on the Conquest.

We only book the wraps and that is because we do love the balcony and the layout of the room. They do seem roomier than a regular balcony room and the balcony itself is great for laying out but most importantly we enjoy the balcony when saying goodbye to a port. Depending on the ship, we have felt the thrusters but that just means we are arriving or departing sort of our own clock, no big deal to us. However the poster is correct depending on the ship the and the angle of the slope in the back the balcony width can become smaller so we always book on the 6th floor. Will be back on our wrap in three weeks on the Conquest.

Thanks! The only thing I would want (and I know the reason why it is not this way) is the bed facing the windows. On the Spirit class Vista suites (esp 4th floor) they do face this rear of the ship and there are more windows. Leaving the curtains drawn is a spectacular way of awakening on a sea day.:D

I have this same room booked on the Glory for my 40th birthday cruise next year! Glad to hear yet another good review of the room. [emoji4]

you will definitely enjoy it. it was perfect. go down 1 flight of stairs and you are right in the middle of things. piano bar, alchemy bar, night club etc.

i also liked that when you walked down the hall towards this room, when you get to the end of the hall where the doors are for the aft balcony rooms. there is a door that leads to a small like 8 foot opening that then has the stateroom door for your cabin and for the cabin to the left of you. the stewards usually propped this outer open with a door stop during the day. but at night i would close the door so you don't hear any traffic in the hall ways.

i also liked that when you walked down the hall towards this room, when you get to the end of the hall where the doors are for the aft balcony rooms. there is a door that leads to a small like 8 foot opening that then has the stateroom door for your cabin and for the cabin to the left of you. the stewards usually propped this outer open with a door stop during the day. but at night i would close the door so you don't hear any traffic in the hall ways.

I heard about this second door in another review of this room and it's one of the main reasons that I booked a wrap on this level (because the other levels don't have it).

hello,

When booking my honeymoon cruise, I'm wondering about what the advantages / disadvantages of reserving a premium vista balcony cabin so far aft.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

While I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, which deck has the best cabins in this category in terms of cabin size and least amount of noise for being so far aft?

Thanks in advance.

Did a Premium on the Splendor deck 8,,, Our balcony was huge, but 7 than 6 were even a bit longer and wider, Our room was set up with bed facing out, no couch no room for a 3rd person, and No double door, there were two large windows plus the door,,, so LOTS of sun light and views... No over hang so IF it did rain (which it didn't) no going out there, in 58 days I will be on the Splendor again but this time on deck 6 this time the double door to the room, a couch, sleeps 3 and deeper balcony with a over hang somewhat by the door. Sure we felt vibrations at times, but no matter where you are on the aft your going to feel it... LOVED LOVED LOVED the room and the balcony, Is it the end of june yet?

What ship are you considering?

On the Dream, we had 9472 & 9475. Both were 8D rooms when we had them, so we were gifted a lot of price drops. But, our balcony was completely covered....so much so, that in a major rainstorm while in Belize, we could be on our balcony and never got wet. The room was "cozy" and only accommodated 2 people. The balcony was more narrow than those below, but was comfortable.

On Spirit class, those rooms are actually suites, and the higher you go, the less coverage (more sun) you get.

Also, being high up, never had a problem with noise or soot. Some vibration from thrusters as previously mentioned. We love being right under Lido for easy & quick access to the pool and buffet.

Edited by smc0320

While I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, which deck has the best cabins in this category in terms of cabin size and least amount of noise for being so far aft?

Thanks in advance.

Noise from the engines, nightclubs or deck above?