Shore Excursion OBC

lynn2002

I have been give US$200 shore excursion obc for myself and US$200 for my 11 year old daughter. Can we pool the obc together and purchase US$400 worth of excursions or do we each spend our own US$200.

The reason I ask is that children's shore excursions cost a lot less than adults and what would cost US$200 for an adult may only cost half of that for a child.

We are new to Holland America, but I had our TA check out the OBC we will get for our upcoming cruise. She verified with HA that it can be used for other things, anything that goes on your sign & sail card- tips, laundry, excursions, drinks- of course your 11 yr old wouldn't have much of a bar bill, but I would assume it could be used for soft drinks. Hopefully one of the HA experts will come on to answer you. If Our TA misdirected us, I hope someone will post it on here.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Banditswife

I have been give US$200 shore excursion obc for myself and US$200 for my 11 year old daughter. Can we pool the obc together and purchase US$400 worth of excursions or do we each spend our own US$200.

The reason I ask is that children's shore excursions cost a lot less than adults and what would cost US$200 for an adult may only cost half of that for a child.

If this is the anniversary promo and for shore excursions, then the obc and only be used for shore excursions. I called HAL and was told this and verified with my TA.

If it is regular obc, and not the anniversary special for shore excursions it can be used for anything on your shipboard account.

Hope this helps :)

If this is the anniversary promo and for shore excursions, then the obc and only be used for shore excursions. I called HAL and was told this and verified with my TA.

If it is regular obc, and not the anniversary special for shore excursions it can be used for anything on your shipboard account.

Hope this helps :)

This is why we all get so confused. Our TA called HAL & was told the anniversary OBC could be used for any onboard purchases. It depends on who you call & when. I would like to get a concrete answer before we sail.

Our booking just lists it as OBC-no specification about excursions.

Edited by Banditswife

This is why we all get so confused. Our TA called HAL & was told the anniversary OBC could be used for any onboard purchases. It depends on who you call & when. I would like to get a concrete answer before we sail.

Our booking just lists it as OBC-no specification about excursions.

If it is just plain obc. And not for shore excursions, you should've just fine :)

This just goes to show that at HAL, like a lot of large corporations, if you ask 3 different people a question you get 4 different answers. My PCC checked and said it could be used for anything.

Perhaps this is like the stockholder credit. On the terms and conditions for the stockholder credit it clearly states that it can not be used for gratuities. However, many people including myself have posted that once aboard the ship it just becomes a general credit which is commonly used for gratuities.

One thing is for sure, we will have a more definite answer when someone is actually aboard a ship and either uses it or is refused for something other than excursions.

When I booked onboard the Westerdam last week, the Future Cruise Consultant Alex, told me that although the promotion said it was for excursions, in reality it would be lumped together as OBC along with the bonus of booking onboard and could be used for anything. When I received the paperwork the next day it showed one figure for OBC.

When I booked onboard the Westerdam last week, the Future Cruise Consultant Alex, told me that although the promotion said it was for excursions, in reality it would be lumped together as OBC along with the bonus of booking onboard and could be used for anything. When I received the paperwork the next day it showed one figure for OBC.

I was told it would show as regular obc but they would be keeping track. Now, how well they can keep track is another question all together of course.

Too bad we can't get one answer

Edited by kazu