If you had OBC would you book the UDP?

First time with ncl and we have the UBP so we are wondering should we book the UDP with our OBC? I'm not interested in spa treatments etc or excursions.

I love the MDR when we have been on other cruises but DH thinks it might be good for us to,try the speciality restaurants seeing as we have this credit. What would you Suggest?

I love the specialty restaurants (I don't eat in the MDR) and am now a fan of the UDP. On my last 11 day cruise, I saved over $100 having it. I've purchased it for my next cruise and have it as a perk for the cruise after that.

I would look at which restaurants you want to go to and compare what the cost would be if you didn't have the UDP versus if you did have it.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I have done both. Enjoyed both the MDR during a 3 night cruise, and Specialty restaurants for all 7 nights on a recent cruise using UDP.

I would give the UDP a chance if I were you. I did find dinner to be quicker in the specialty restaurants, ensuring we would make the shows after dinner.

If you are not big on excursions, then try it.....

You will pre-pay if you order that Dining Package before you are on board, and that will make your OBC irrelevant.

Can you not buy the the UDP onboard, with OBC, and still save on the per visit cover charges?

Can you not buy the the UDP onboard, with OBC, and still save on the per visit cover charges?

Yes, you can.

Q. WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. You may purchase it online under our "Dining" section by logging into ncl.com/myncl or through any Norwegian reservation agent. You may also purchase it onboard on the first or second day of your cruise. For three and four day cruises, this package may only be purchased on the first day of your cruise. Please call or visit the Reservations Desk or visit any restaurant reservations podium.