Royal Babies and Tots???

We are going on our first cruise on Enchantment of the Seas (yay!) and I have been looking everywhere for current information on the royal babies and tots program for our ship. I have found information that is a few years old but nothing new. If anyone could answer my questions that would be wonderful and help relieve some of my nerves about taking my 18 month old daughter.

1.Is the toy sharing program a lot of hassle? Are the toys any good? Should I just pack her toys and not worry about it?

2. Is nursery nice? Are there lots of toys and things for them to do?

3. I won't be leaving her with the nursery staff but is the only time I can take her to nursery to play is during open play time?

4. Are the play groups any good?

Sorry for so many questions! Thank you for your time and answers!

Edited by critter8513

We are going on our first cruise on Enchantment of the Seas (yay!) and I have been looking everywhere for current information on the royal babies and tots program for our ship. I have found information that is a few years old but nothing new. If anyone could answer my questions that would be wonderful and help relieve some of my nerves about taking my 18 month old daughter.

1.Is the toy sharing program a lot of hassle? Are the toys any good? Should I just pack her toys and not worry about it?

2. Is nursery nice? Are there lots of toys and things for them to do?

3. I won't be leaving her with the nursery staff but is the only time I can take her to nursery to play is during open play time?

4. Are the play groups any good?

Sorry for so many questions! Thank you for your time and answers!

I would check out the family forum for lots of information on these programs. Just to clarify though, there is a royal and tots program and there is also a royal and tots nursery. Not all ships have a nursery yet, so make sure that you check that your ship has the nursery if you do change your mind and want to use the nursery. The similar names have caused issues for some people in the past that thought their ship had a nursery when in fact it didn't.:)

Last May we sailed on Radiance and they did have the new Royal Tots Nursery for those under 36 months old. Our grandson was 17 months old...the nursery and play area was amazing the staff wonderful. We ended up leaving him there a few times in the evening and this worked out better than we could even imagine. The open play times was great then my husband and I could go in there to play at times during the day leaving the rest of the family to enjoy themselves. The toy lending program was a bag of very nice toys. We went to the Nursery the day we boarded and signed him up and got the toys. This was an amazing trip as it was his first cruise and we had no idea what to expect. We're getting ready to sail again on the Radiance with our other 19 month old grandson and looking forward to another memory making cruise...Enjoy I'm sure you'll agree once you see how easy it actually will be.

The Enchantment does offer the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery, the RCI website states 'NEW Royal Babies and Tots NurserySM', under the Enchantment 'Kids and Families' info anyway! And here is a link (click on the blue box 'Just For Babies & Tots'):http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_kids_teens_and_families. Enjoy your first cruise! :)

critter8513, I just noticed a 5/16 review of Enchantment with a 15 mo. old, including photos. Nursery too! Here is a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046306.

Some great ideas especially the shower curtain idea...wonder where they got the magnetic hooks ?

Luckily we have gotten and will have the FOV with the curtained off extra sleeping space but that may not always be an option...hope it would work as well if the couch was by the entry door instead of the other way around.

Thanks so much for posting these pics/ideas.

Those magnetic hooks look like a great idea! When my oldest was that age & we cruised, I brought a tension curtain rod & curtain to create the same effect. Magnetic hooks would've been much easier to pack:)