Caribe Hilton

pinkroses

We are there right now. I like it here. Decent room with a very nice bed. Balcony. Big pool. No hot tub though. Good little area to swim or snorkel. We got the bed and breakfast package and it is really good. Like any resort the drinks and food are pricey. But there is a Starbucks and a Quiznos with normal prices.

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed after a cruise once. They didn't let us check in until 4:30 pm which was rough but otherwise we enjoyed it. The pool is gorgeous. Beach area is nice. It is a resort so yes, prices are a bit high. Our room was a 1 bedroom. Very nice. Very clean. Loved it.

I've been looking at this resort for the post cruise. Will they let you check in early as we will likely be off the ship by 10-11 am. Don't want to be carrying luggage around and would like to get in to a swimsuit ASAP to enjoy the last day of vacation.

Oh- how far is this place from the port and airport?

TIA

Michelle

We'll be staying here before our cruise in July and were wondering good places to eat around the hotel or any other must sees near there. Thanks!

Dine at Marmalade and take the wine/food pairing menu ;)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

We'll be staying here before our cruise in July and were wondering good places to eat around the hotel or any other must sees near there. Thanks!

It depends on what kind of food/experience you are looking for. We didn't have a rental car so we just hung around the resort. We ate at the Pina Colada Club which is in the resort. If you like loud places, hard wood benches/tables, lousy service, expensive food, then this place is great.

The next day we just had Starbucks, again right on the property, and they have malorca sandwiches which were fabulous and prices were appropriate. There is a Subway close to the resort but based on TripAdvisor reviews, decided it was not very clean.

We love it at Caribe Hilton and will be going back next February. If you are looking for a place in Old San Juan, here is a real nice place w/ a great atmosphere with waaaay better prices than a lot of places:

cafeberlinpr dot com

This is easy to find on google maps, easy to walk to from the cruise pier & you can see their menu on line.

Hope you have as much fun as we did.

:)

Great! Thank you for the information. Very Helpful! We won't have a rental car either so I guess we will be stuck at the hotel.

It depends on what kind of food/experience you are looking for. We didn't have a rental car so we just hung around the resort. We ate at the Pina Colada Club which is in the resort. If you like loud places, hard wood benches/tables, lousy service, expensive food, then this place is great.

The next day we just had Starbucks, again right on the property, and they have malorca sandwiches which were fabulous and prices were appropriate. There is a Subway close to the resort but based on TripAdvisor reviews, decided it was not very clean.

We love it at Caribe Hilton and will be going back next February. If you are looking for a place in Old San Juan, here is a real nice place w/ a great atmosphere with waaaay better prices than a lot of places:

cafeberlinpr dot com

This is easy to find on google maps, easy to walk to from the cruise pier & you can see their menu on line.

Hope you have as much fun as we did.

:)

• 1 month later...

I loved the Caribe Hilton when I stayed. So relaxing. Make sure you stay in the newer part of the building. Don't let them put you in the old tower. It is night and day with the rooms. Once we got that out of the way, it was a great time. Also, I wouldn't eat at the hotel. PR has great food--a lot which is just a short walk or cab ride away. For example, we went to Casita Miramar which was excellent. Food was soooooo yummy. I still think about and am so sad it isn't open when our cruise stops there this time. OSJ is a short cab ride away. It is a little long of a walk particularly in the heat or at night. the Concierge recommended this great little bar that had awesome Mofongo. Wish I could remember the name so that I could tell you, but hopefully the concierge will remember.

I loved the Caribe Hilton when I stayed. So relaxing. Make sure you stay in the newer part of the building. Don't let them put you in the old tower. It is night and day with the rooms. Once we got that out of the way, it was a great time. Also, I wouldn't eat at the hotel. PR has great food--a lot which is just a short walk or cab ride away. For example, we went to Casita Miramar which was excellent. Food was soooooo yummy. I still think about and am so sad it isn't open when our cruise stops there this time. OSJ is a short cab ride away. It is a little long of a walk particularly in the heat or at night. the Concierge recommended this great little bar that had awesome Mofongo. Wish I could remember the name so that I could tell you, but hopefully the concierge will remember.

Hi, Tipia:

We are staying at this hotel pre cruise next April. I know that now we can actually pick our room and check in on the iPhone app. My question is -- how do I know which rooms would be in the better, newer part?

Many thanks,

Jennie

• 5 weeks later...
Hi, Tipia:

We are staying at this hotel pre cruise next April. I know that now we can actually pick our room and check in on the iPhone app. My question is -- how do I know which rooms would be in the better, newer part?

Many thanks,

Jennie

Oh gosh. I thought I had responded to this. Sorry. I tried to pull up a floor plan for the hotel, but they didn't really have it. I believe the tallest tower was the older part of the hotel, and the tower above the check-in was the newer place. you should be able to call them (PR -- it's free!!!) and ask them to reserve a renovated room for you.

Hi, Tipia:

Many thanks,

Jennie

Oh gosh. I thought I had responded to this. Sorry. I tried to pull up a floor plan for the hotel, but they didn't really have it. I believe the tallest tower was the older part of the hotel, and the tower above the check-in was the newer place. you should be able to call them (PR -- it's free!!!) and ask them to reserve a renovated room for you.

Thank you so much. That is exactly what we will do.

Jennie