Barcelona-transport&where to stash bags.

Hi all...we are flying into Barcelona early sat for cruise on Sun boarding the NCL Epic, we have approx 24 hrs to see the city. Most all of our questions have been answered, thanks to CC & all the informative posts, its very much appreciated & THANK YOU GUYS!! my search button has been very active!:o

what we have left are several unanswered but important questions....if I may ask your advice on the following-

1) We can't check into our airb&b til 3pm & we land at 730am & we have 1 large suitcase each which we don't want to schlep around the city.

What are your suggestions for where to stash our luggage from 9-am til 3pm on sat?..or til sun if there are lockers at the ncl term...we will pick up upon check in sun.

I don't suppose NCL will allow us to check/stash our bags til next day check in?? I highly doubt it but just thought i would ask...

2) We are planning on buying a case of water and a case of spark water & checking it with luggage. I was told this is allowed by NCL. During the same phone call, I was told me we can bring aboard 1 bottle of wine each w/$18 corkage fee. I know you can bring a case of wine, if you are willing to the corkage fees, thought they allowed 1 comp for cabin. I am not sure about the wine policy now.

We are staying Sat nite in the Gothic area & will be getting a taxi most likely to the port/ship. For ease, are there bottle shops/shops that sell these item at the embarkation area & is it reasonable, compared to markets in the city etc.

3) We are thinking about getting an on/off 24 hour bus pass for Barcelona. Does this on/off bus pick up at scheduled times at the airport as part of its route? We had thought of this as an option to help save $$..however...

Perhaps after such long flights, we will splurge and get a taxi.... Can anyone tell me the taxi fare(approx) from airport to Gothic area AND airport directly to the NCL dock for 2?(if they have lockers by the dock to store luggage for 24 hrs)

Thank you so much for your replies....we appreciate all the info. We are all very excited & will be celebrating my Dads 80th birthday on board.

Cruise Critic Rock

Liz in Long Beach

NCL Epic May 24-Med.

Past cruises

2005 NCL Star repo coastal Cali

2003 Princess Sapphire Alaska-Inaug. launch

1975 LA to Southampton back to back P&O Oronsay-final voyage

1972-1960

Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, Oriana, Oronsay, & others I was too young to remember Once a sailor, always a sailor.

Ask your B&B about dropping your bags before check in.

You can buy water at the dock. There is a store there.

Taxis in Barcelona are reasonable. 1 day isn't nearly enough.

HO_HO does not go to the airport

Edited by sitraveler

• 2 weeks later...

The hop on, hop off bus tours give you a good overview, with only one day seeing things in detail isn't possible. I would be surprised if you couldn't drop your bags off, be sure to ask. I stay at a small hotel and they allow you to leave bags. I don't have a problem doing it, but being no frills, I only have clothes and shoes in my bag! :)

I stayed on La Rambla (will again in Oct.) HOHO were near the hotel at Pl. Catalunya. I did one route one day and one the next morning before getting on the ship.