Quantum Power Loss?

friend onboard emailed me

"lost power yesterday morning and went adrift for about 10 minutes. Quite scary and very eerie"

Yikes!

Sounds like they need a complete inspection of the power generators and connections to see why this keeps happening.

It's a new ship! This shouldn't be happening!

I wonder if other ships that have left MW have had similar problems.

I just don't recall this being an issue until recent years with other cruise lines.

I wonder if there's a supplier issue for ships leaving MW?

"lost power yesterday morning and went adrift for about 10 minutes. Quite scary and very eerie"

With all due respect, your friend was being a tad dramatic! We're on board right now. Yesterday's power outage was all of five minutes long and happened during lunchtime. We were at Devinely Decadant eating. The lights went out, that's all. The Captain came on straight away. He got back on the intercom when the power was restored to inform us that there were no mishaps with any of the passengers (even those in the elevators) and that all was well. Honestly, it was no big deal and if you were napping you'd have missed all the big (non) excitement.

The transatlantic has been great fun thus far despite the rocky seas. Food and entertainment has been top notch. Crew is friendly and approachable. We're going to miss the Quantum when she's in China. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Tell your friend to calm down! "Quite scary and very eerie". If you blinked you wouldn't have known....:rolleyes: Some people are so melodramitic:eek: