New Dining Policy -- Official as of 4:20 EST

coldflame

Anyone have emails addresses other than the standard social media and public relations? Unfortunately, the contacts I had no longer work at NCL :rolleyes:

First initial last name @NCL.com

We always bring back dessert for late at night and there has been a few times when one of us was under the weather and the other went to get food at the buffet and brought it back to our cabin. Also, once or twice we stayed in our cabin to watch a football game and loaded up on snack food before the game or ran to get more during halftime! Wow...it won't be the same!

I sent a few emails. Will advise if I receive a response. NCL really should respond to this on this board - especially if Cruise Critic is mistaken in their article.

It is kicking off of FB as well now. NCL's 'reputation for change management (NOT)' is coming back to bite them on the ass again.

I shall enjoy my take-outs from the buffet etc. on Princess this summer (NCL please note - you are no longer competitive - both in price terms and passenger amenities).

If this is true, NCL has lost their mind. They have bbq's on deck...are they going to follow people to see where they take their plates? WTH is FDR thinking ?? Is he going for biggest pain in the butt of the year?

If this is true, NCL has lost their mind. They have bbq's on deck...are they going to follow people to see where they take their plates? WTH is FDR thinking ?? Is he going for biggest pain in the butt of the year?

He has won that one already and it is only May!

What will the next 7 months bring? I shudder to think.

I'm really displeased with this. My husband and I like to have dinner in the main dining room and have our dessert plated to take back to our cabin for later in the evening. Will miss this...:(

We were planning to eat a light dinner brought back from the Buffett a few times My husband is recovering from brutal cancer treatments which has rendered him with limited ability to swallow most foods and what he can he coughs and worse. His swallow therapists say a Buffett is excellent to try to reintroduce/sample foods... Our cruise is 4 weeks away, this is beyond ridiculous .....if stopped with attempting to smuggle food out , will we be sent to the principals office , Sister Mary Catherine , and relive our school days??

That is new and going to make a lot of people unhappy. It was a non-issue for us until they included the buffet.

This makes me smile. Many say nothing, don't care, etc. because a new rule, policy, charge, etc. does not affect them. They shake their head and ignore and some even bash those that do have something to say about it.

However, once something does affect them........BAM! They have something to say.

Not directing this at you personally but there are many here that fit what I just posted.

Harriet

It is my understanding that people that take plates, utensils and glass ware tend to put them in the hall after eating, this has been creating issues for people in wheel chairs and people needing to use the handrail. These items are not picked up till the morning cleaning, on many occasions I have returned to my room in the wee hours and have seen 1/4 to 1/3 of the rooms with dishes and accoutrements piled up outside the room. So if you take food for later, leave the dishes in the room.

Hey, if no one follows the new "lunch law" and continues to bring food where they please, it will be impossible for NCL to enforce it. There ain't enough room in that brig to fit all us sandwich smugglers!

Wow, a Cruise Critic editor writes something in an article and it becomes gospel.

Oh, by the way she removed her link to the article. ;) and I believe they pulled the article off the Facebook page also.

Edited by Beaver1975

It is my understanding that people that take plates, utensils and glass ware tend to put them in the hall after eating, this has been creating issues for people in wheel chairs and people needing to use the handrail.

And where do people that order the $7.95 room service put their plates, utensils, and glass ware? In their toilet? :D:D:D

It is my understanding that people that take plates, utensils and glass ware tend to put them in the hall after eating, this has been creating issues for people in wheel chairs and people needing to use the handrail. These items are not picked up till the morning cleaning, on many occasions I have returned to my room in the wee hours and have seen 1/4 to 1/3 of the rooms with dishes and accoutrements piled up outside the room. So if you take food for later, leave the dishes in the room.

That is what I do.

Edited by Cuizer2

It is kicking off of FB as well now. NCL's 'reputation for change management (NOT)' is coming back to bite them on the ass again.

I shall enjoy my take-outs from the buffet etc. on Princess this summer (NCL please note - you are no longer competitive - both in price terms and passenger amenities).

Has it been removed from FB? I sent the entire article and link to the Senior Director she supposedly quoted. Edited - the article is still on FB. People are not happy, from reading the comments there.

Edited by SissasMomE

And where do people that order the $7.95 room service put their plates, utensils, and glass ware? In their toilet? :D:D:D
I don't do room service, but I do bring back cookies and chips on plates and I leave them in my room for the room steward to take them away the next morning.

Any food served in the pool area will have to be taken to the buffet.

I agree with those that think this is an effort to get people to pay the $7.95 charge for room service. We get tired early and enjoy watching some TV in our room with a snack and drink. If we have a balcony, we really enjoy a drink and snack, or sometimes even a meal from the buffet, sitting out on our balcony. Often at busy times, you can't even find a table in the buffet! Our experience with room service is that orders are often wrong, missing something, or cold. And if it's about dirty dishes outside stateroom doors, they should post a message inside staterooms asking passengers to leave dirty dishes on a table or counter in the room. This is a deal breaker for us. Never again on NCL!

OMG! So... I haven't checked CC for a few hours and I saw this on Cruise Critic's FB page!

Are they going to assign staff members to guard the buffet exits??? I can't believe this! :confused:

"Norwegian Cruise Line has banned takeaway food from its ship restaurants, main dining room and buffet areas. In other words, if you want to bring food to someone in your cabin or bring your dessert back to your room to enjoy later, you won't be able to do so."