E-mail response from NCL

I find it hard to believe they would even try to ban taking food from the buffet to the pool area. How in the world would they handle the lunch time barbecue that the have on port days?? Would that not constitute eating food around the pool area:confused:

I would guess they are going to end the lunchtime barbecue, or possibly start charging a convenience fee for it.

Thank you for sharing the update - now, I just wonder about when the steerage or sheepies not on CC would find out about all the changes, BIL/SIL & a group of seniors leaving later this month for Alaska on the Pearl & AFAIK, gotten no communications about these changes,yet - they're beyond cancellation & within the penalty phrase when these surprises began stumbling out by the whistle blowers.

KS surely got his cutout from the severance payout package as part of his departing executive compensation, and enjoying the fireworks.

First, thank you so much for getting this information for us. I greatly appreciated it. That said, I guess your information sums up what we here at CC already knew: This is all about garnering more revenue from Room Service. It's spelled out in black and white.

A) We may eat food in any restaurant on this ship, we may bring food from the buffet to the pool area or outdoor seating areas... becaue these are the places Room Service does not deliver.

B) We may not bring food back to our room, period... because this is the place where Room Service DOES deliver; therefore, the one place on the ship we are supposed to remain good and hungry.

C) To ensure we have no food availabe to us for mid-meal or late-night gnoshing, we are being forbidden to bring any food back from any restaurant, regardless if we paid for it or not. Now, our only option will be to leave the room when hunger hits or order said Room Service.

D) I may eat in public any time and nearly anyplace, but I may not eat in private unless it is from Room Service... and this is being done "For my well-being" and to "Keep the ship beautiful". After all, my dirty dishes hiding in my room make for a very ugly ship and will somehow affect your well being. And, btw, this has NOTHING to do with the new Room Service Convenience fee :rolleyes:... my pasty white posterior it doesn't :mad:

John Heald is with Carnival, not Royal. Anyway, it's on his FB page. Can't post the link here, but here's the question:

I have to ask - do you take food from the dining room or Lido back to your cabins to snack on later.

I do.

Do you?

Please answer yes or no

cheers

Edited by SissasMomE

Royal's john heald has a poll going already wanting to know if you do or don't take food to your cabin....

Good heavens! Is he now on Royal??!?! I thought he was obnoxious enough when he was over at Carnival.

As to the buffet food..... if you're going out to the POOL DECK with your plates, what is stopping you from walking a bit further and into an elevator down to your cabin? I highly doubt anyone is going to stop you if you say "I'm going out by the pool to eat", and simply keep on walking.

In reply to my specific question about being able to have breakfast or lunch on the pool deck from the buffet selections, NCL replied:

"Hello ________,

Thank you for reaching out to us. For our guests’ well-being and to maintain a beautiful clean environment, we ask that guests enjoy their meals while dining at one of our many restaurants. Every ship in the Norwegian fleet offers dining at any time day or night, with a wide variety of options and cuisines available complimentary.

Thank you."

follow up response - "There is absolutely still outdoor and pool deck seating that guests can continue to use. We are not removing that."

Thanks for getting this info and posting...:)

Another sad day for us and a profitable one for NCL..:rolleyes: