What is Royal Caribbean doing with the viking crown lounges?

Such a shame. I love the Viking Crown. Great view and quiet. 270 doesn't seem as intimate to me. I don't like loud, crowded venues when I'm drinking.

When we were on Serenade the VCL was used as the disco. It was anything but quiet. I could hear the noise blasting from there out on the pool deck.

I've been in the VCL on 5 cruises; Mariner,Serenade, Sovereign, Jewel, and Majesty. Each time the venue was badly under used.I don't know how the changes to Suite passengers has helped, but it couldn't hurt the volume. In the end, it's all about producing revenue.

Coastal Kitchen is nice use of space on Allure. We did not really like the atmosphere in the suite lounge in the port side of the space - nice view but the furniture was a little shabby and the people in it ignored dress codes, had kids running in circles and it was noisy. Guess we are getting a little older - we prefered the Diamond Club and hung out there. Think that space is actually nicer for a lounge. I do wonder how much longer they will have Diamond Clubs - the three free drinks on our cards each night might be a stalking horse for just forcing us out into the bars.

Dress codes? I never saw mention of any such dress code. The concierge never said anything. I was in shorts and a tshirt in there daily.

Plus when you pay what they charge for a star or sky class suite you should be able to wear what you want( as long as it is clean,dry,and tasteful)