is it safe to brush our teeth with bathroom water in cabin?

earl06

Right lets get back to the topic of teeth brushing.

Some people need to realise that CelX are ' monitoring ' this thread and have admitted so.

Cel X have made a statement that the water (?) is safe on their rather large yachts / boats / dinghys. Fine

We need them to answer some serious points

1. Do they accept any responsibility / or claim performing rights for /. incy wincy teeny weeny polka dot hats in cabins ?

2. Now molecular bar gone ( Cel X or J M Responsible ? ). there is no alternative to the ginger mojito as a combined tooth pate and mouth wash available on the premium alco package .

3. The new Suite Class has no publicised ankle swelling protection features. Should I have luminae lunch daily what guarantees are there regarding my ankles

4. Dress Code. Is my polka dot hat allowed in MDR on formal nights.

Looking forward to an early response[emoji23][emoji636]

Has anyone else noticed that the spelling of Luminae is very similar very similar to illuminati? The X on Celebrity is also very similar to their sign.

Just saying.

Has anyone else noticed that the spelling of Luminae is very similar very similar to illuminati? The X on Celebrity is also very similar to their sign.

Just saying.

dont quite see that one steve . [emoji15]

however the X on Cel X boats is even more similar to part of the label on a bottle of Dos Equis . Staying on topic , is it safe to brush my teeth with Dos Equis if Tanq 10 not available [emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Edited by gcgold

dont quite see that one steve . [emoji15]

however the X on Cel X boats is even more similar to part of the label on a bottle of Dos Equis . Staying on topic , is it safe to brush my teeth with Dos Equis if Tanq 10 not available [emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Take off the first two and last two letters and add an e to the end. :eek:

No excuses for not having Tang 10 available.

Staying on topic , is it safe to brush my teeth with Dos Equis [emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

Perfectly safe to brush with but I must warn you. I drink a lot of this and other beers and as much as I enjoy them I find that they make my stomach swell.

Edited by woodyren

Perfectly safe to brush with but I must warn you. I drink a lot of this and other beers and as much as I enjoy them I find that they make my stomach swell.

Could it be the salt ?? try not to spill it on one's ankles [emoji482][emoji482][emoji33]

Take off the first two and last two letters and add an e to the end. :eek:

No excuses for not having Tang 10 available.

Got the slight similarity in the name Steve but thought their symbol was a triangle ?

As for the TanQ 10 - it could be in short supply as the oz cricket team use it when in England to brush teeth etc.

Apparently they have to save up the lemons from the TanQ & tonics until the end of each Test Match. Just before the post match interviews they suck on the lemons so they dont appear to be laughing at our feeble attempts at Cricket [emoji13]

Edited by gcgold

Strange the subtle differences between Britain and Oz.

Over here there are many reported incidents of guy drinking lots of beer and then finding his wife's stomach beginning to swell . [emoji33]

I think its because the girls brushed their teeth with beer remnants and didnt realise they had salt on their lips (from the fish & chips) which then put white spots on their toothbrush

[emoji13][emoji33][emoji636][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji225][emoji489][emoji486][emoji480][emoji480]

Edited by gcgold

I put a pink hat in the sink and ran water over it on the Summit because it got dirty at port. The hat cam out of the sink with white spots, telling me bleach was in that water. I would not dream of drinking that water. I rinse with toothpaste and have never tasted a heavy chlorine taste, but I have smelled it on and off on that ship.

The hat is all the evidence that I needed that the water, at least on that ship, in that room, on that day was not safe.

Cheryl you just reminded my of my experience on the Summit in 2013 on the north bound repo. I never had a problem with the water on Princess but you are correct in noticing a strong chlorine smell in the water. It wasn't consistent day to day but in the MDR when I sipped the water that was poured I noticed it. I remembered I had the drink package and ordered bottled water from then on. I also noticed it in the bathroom when brushing my teeth. I started to rinse with the bottled water as well.

As far as the OP is concerned I think they got sick from the lemon aid concentrate. I tried the juice that came out of the dispenser in the buffet and it was so bad it gave me the head shakes.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Cheryl you just reminded my of my experience on the Summit in 2013 on the north bound repo. I never had a problem with the water on Princess but you are correct in noticing a strong chlorine smell in the water. It wasn't consistent day to day but in the MDR when I sipped the water that was poured I noticed it. I remembered I had the drink package and ordered bottled water from then on. I also noticed it in the bathroom when brushing my teeth. I started to rinse with the bottled water as well.

As far as the OP is concerned I think they got sick from the lemon aid concentrate. I tried the juice that came out of the dispenser in the buffet and it was so bad it gave me the head shakes.

OMG this was the exact cruise it happened on!!!!!!!!!!

4/27/13 Summit Repo

See everyone....maybe there was something wrong with the water on that cruise, on that day, in that cabin.....like I have said from the very beginning!!!!!!

OMG this was the exact cruise it happened on!!!!!!!!!!

4/27/13 Summit Repo

See everyone....maybe there was something wrong with the water on that cruise, on that day, in that cabin.....like I have said from the very beginning!!!!!!

Shortly after the cruise, eBay was flooded with these...

Fleece_Hat_Blue_Spots_Big.jpg

Shortly after the cruise, eBay was flooded with these...

Fleece_Hat_Blue_Spots_Big.jpg

OMG OMG OMG :eek::eek::eek:

The polka dot hats have gone from Pink & White to Blue & White:confused:

What could have caused this - have they been rinsed in Curacao liqueur ?

Could it be salt ? :confused:

OMG OMG OMG :eek::eek::eek:

The polka dot hats have gone from Pink & White to Blue & White:confused:

What could have caused this - have they been rinsed in Curacao liqueur ?

Could it be salt ? :confused:

No no, most of the ladies were quite chuffed with the new look - it was only the gents that weren't happy with the transformation. Availability of the pink version is severely limited - for obvious reasons.

41MDrvthNmL._SX342_.jpg

Whenever I wash my hair with the ship's water, each strand swells up like a sausage and gets little spots on them. I am certain it is the buckets of sodium and gallons of bleach they dump into it. Makes combing it a real challenge.

sausages.jpg

The only answer to manageable hair is to book a suite with the upgraded Bvlgari products.

No no, most of the ladies were quite chuffed with the new look - it was only the gents that weren't happy with the transformation. Availability of the pink version is severely limited - for obvious reasons.

41MDrvthNmL._SX342_.jpg

didnt see that there were 4 pics - thought I was going mad (der). [emoji33][emoji33]

[emoji636][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

I ignored this thread at first. Then I saw that it had grown to 9 pages. So I figured I'd kill a few minutes (or 20) and have a good read while I drank my coffee.

I can't figure out what is funnier; the humorous replies or the replies from those on which the humour was lost.

I ignored this thread at first. Then I saw that it had grown to 9 pages. So I figured I'd kill a few minutes (or 20) and have a good read while I drank my coffee.

I can't figure out what is funnier; the humorous replies or the replies from those on which the humour was lost.

Sorry but this post shouldnt be allowed without disclosing the full details of the said coffee.

We need to know where the water element came from. [emoji15]

Did your ankles swell after you drank it.[emoji32]

Were you wearing a pink hat at the time of this coffee infusion[emoji12]

Have you noticed any white spots.?

Did you clean your teeth before or after the coffee. If so what type of gin / vodka was used as rinse aid?

Also please name the funny posts as we havent noticed any [emoji33]

[emoji636][emoji636][emoji485][emoji485][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji568]

Edited by gcgold

no No No

The water in the pool is saline which then blew on the wind to your burgers. or it could have been the tomato sauce ?

Dunno, but I think the fifty or so I ate on the cruise were badly affected. The problem is more serious than I realised at first though. Not only have my ankles swollen, but so have my thighs, waistline and backside.

The problem now is that I can't get into the mankini. This is what I wanted to wear on formal night whilst sitting next to DinaS, sharing the 6 bottles of Blue Nun Liebfraumilch I'd smuggled onboard in my underwear at the start of the cruise with her! :mad: Next cruise, I'll be lucky to get scotch miniature in there! :eek:

Dunno, but I think the fifty or so I ate on the cruise were badly affected. The problem is more serious than I realised at first though. Not only have my ankles swollen, but so have my thighs, waistline and backside.

The problem now is that I can't get into the mankini. This is what I wanted to wear on formal night whilst sitting next to DinaS, sharing the 6 bottles of Blue Nun Liebfraumilch I'd smuggled onboard in my underwear at the start of the cruise with her! :mad: Next cruise, I'll be lucky to get scotch miniature in there! :eek:

Yes I see the issue here.

The great news I have for you is a tad confidential

CC however dont allow PM's so i will have to publicly state what a nameless cruise line ( clue big X [emoji57]) has disclosed

the World C?ass Bar will have a new offering

"Blue Nun served in a receptacle closely resembling a pink hat .

marvel as white spots appear in the hat .

there is an option to have a salted rim, however we are not responsible for any subsequent swelling in joints near one's footwear"

They may have a point re the water....

Last year on the Eclipse I felt decidedly unwell the following morning after drinking the water the night before. I'd had water with each of my 5 red wines and water with each of the 6 large Scotches I had - so by a process of elimination it has to be the water.

Well, since adding water to Scotch is Alcohol abuse, you got what you deserved!

Or perhaps it was a sun hat and not a rain hat :rolleyes:?

Have tears running down my face reading all these posts - hopefully my face isn't too streaky, or should that be spotty :D :p.

If you are in a humid environment, it will be good for your skin.

Edited by Keys Kathy
because

I was taken on a tour of the Equinox engine rooms and later had dinner with the ships chief engineer he assured me there was no problem drinking the water (I have a very delicate stomach)

Norovirus does not seem as previlant here in Europe we have done many cruises all over the world they had it on the QM2 on a world cruise a few years ago.I caught it on an NCL ship doing the Chilean Fjords so it doesnt seem to mattter on the class of ship basically its down to fellow passenger hygiene.I have just returned from the Costa Luminosa and that ship had cells to break for entry and exit of the bathrooms which I thought was a good idea