Cruise critic meet & greet on other cruise lines

I was just reading the post about cruise critic meet & greets and it reminded me about something I have been meaning to share...

Although my family usually prefers CCL, we recently ventured on the Allure of the Seas. I attended the cruise critic meet & greet and was shocked about how nice it was. Not only did they have a nice set up of snacks and drinks (non alcoholic), but the Cruise Director and other staff attended and gave us all nice door prizes and raffled off very nice prizes the entire hour. I was so impressed by it and it had me thinking how smart this was of RC. They know we are the ones that talk over over the Internet, so why not kiss up to us and treat us well? I enjoy following John Heald, but notice he usually makes fun of "us".

Anyone else attend another cruise line's cruise critic meet & greet and have the same experience?

Celebrity also embraces CC. The Meet & Greets are attended by the Captain and many officers and are nicely done. The officers (and even the Captain) recognize us throughout the rest of the cruise and often stop to chat. It's one of the things I enjoy about Celebrity.

I cruised on NCL last month and our CC meet and greet was really nice. Officers showed up, chatted a bit, posed with us for pix if requested, and did say hi throughout the cruise. There were nice snacks and refreshments set out, but the best part was, a totally unexpected Group 1 tender ticket into Cabo. Was not expecting that at all, and my niece and I really appreciated it. :)

It simply isn't Carnival's policy to provide free refreshments at such events and doesn't play favorites. You can certainly pay for drinks and snacks, if desired. Carnival will provide space and usually some door prizes. As it is, I think Carnival sucks up to CC more than they should.

I have been on one NCL cruise and attended the M&G for that cruise and it was great. They also had snacks (it was before lunch so they had pastries and coffee/tea and juice) out for us. ALL of the officers including the Capt, Cruise Director and Hotel Director came and stayed the entire time and mingled with the guest.

The one thing I really liked was that the officers gave out their business cards and told us to call them if we had any issues or questions. I really felt like they cared about what we thought and would definately assit if we were have any issues with service or anything.

Tam

Anyone else attend another cruise line's cruise critic meet & greet and have the same experience?

I went on one on theRuby Princess. It was small but nice and some officers came and answered questions.

I went on the NCL Getaway and Kevin Sheehan came to the meet. He retired shortly after that cruise.

Both seemed to like CC and were happy to give the time and space for it.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

It simply isn't Carnival's policy to provide free refreshments at such events and doesn't play favorites. You can certainly pay for drinks and snacks, if desired. Carnival will provide space and usually some door prizes. As it is, I think Carnival sucks up to CC more than they should.

Really? Thier main mouthpiece sure doesn't like CC. Where do you get that Carnival sucks up to CC? I see the opposite.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

NCL goes above and beyond at their M&G. All the ships high ranking officers were there (except the captain), they all took time to speak and then gave out their business cards. They really made us feel welcome.

As we were leaving for the M&G we discovered our toilet wouldn't flush. I stopped by guest services and let them know about it. By the time we got back it was fixed. Later that day I saw the HD and asked him to thank his staff for the prompt service. He remembered me from the M&G and asked my cabin number. When we got back from dinner later that evening, there was a plate of strawberries and a note from the HD apologizing for the inconvenience, along with a $50 OBC (even though we weren't inconvenienced).

I don't think Carnival dislikes CC, but John Heald does not care for it.

There were about half a dozen posters acting like trolls towards both him and Carnival that played a major role in that. Plus the occasional whine of "I'm a CC member I deserve to be treated special" that he gets. Having seen this the past couple or so years I can't say as I blame him.

I have been to meet and greets on Carnival, NCL, Princess, RCI, HAL and Azamara.

The best one was on Azamara. Not only were there yummy snacks and free wine (wine is included in the cruise fare), the bar was open and we also could have a complimentary alcoholic beverage besides the wine. All the ship's upper management and officers attended and sat and talked with us.

They know we are the ones that talk over over the Internet, so why not kiss up to us and treat us well? I enjoy following John Heald, but notice he usually makes fun of "us".

Yes. We have seen Heald bash Cruise Critic (and the community), and it's a bugger.

There were about half a dozen posters acting like trolls towards both him and Carnival that played a major role in that. Plus the occasional whine of "I'm a CC member I deserve to be treated special" that he gets. Having seen this the past couple or so years I can't say as I blame him.

Really? A half a dozen posters rocked the brand ambassador of Carnival Cruises via the Cruise Critic board and that justifies his retaliatory behavior somehow?

Say it isn't so.

And. The argument that cruise critics can write without fear of retribution and somehow that is absurd is feeble. It is EXACTLY the same as it is on MOST ratings and reviews systems worldwide. At MOST only a first name and last initial are revealed on almost all other public review sites.

I think certain CC members and their constant winning, complaining and generally I'm from CC contributed to that feeling.

Well, Carnival just removed the party for its own past passengers (gold). Why would they provide a nice party for some unknown members of a online message board?

I am quite happy that Carnival doesn't provide an array of "goodies" to meet and greets.....there is no reason for me to have to pay for a function that I would not attend.

I think they can and do for a group type fee, which is fine.

I cruised on NCL last month and our CC meet and greet was really nice. Officers showed up, chatted a bit, posed with us for pix if requested, and did say hi throughout the cruise. There were nice snacks and refreshments set out, but the best part was, a totally unexpected Group 1 tender ticket into Cabo. Was not expecting that at all, and my niece and I really appreciated it. :)

NCL does do the Meet and Greets well. Snacks and coffee and juice were provided as well as the Officers of the ship attended and were introduced to the group. We have had Tours of the Bridge x 2 after the Meet and Greet's a wonderful surprise addition.

Yes. We have seen Heald bash Cruise Critic (and the community), and it's a bugger.

You must have missed that Heald oraganizes a place to meet gives every Cruise Critic roll call meet and greet 4 prizes which I think are the ships on sticks and champagne. I guess you failed to mention that. No surprise - you are one of the chief Heald flamers.I amsurprised e even does what he does