Where are all the fishermen (women)?

First of all, I am putting this in the general thread because it is not related to a specific location or type of fishing.

I am setting up excursions for our 2016 cruise. We have done the island tours, snorkeling, stingrays, shopping over the duration of several years. In all that time, I have never seen anyone organize a fishing excursion. This is not an activity owned by men alone. I have been fishing in MN since I was 6 years old and enjoy it greatly. If organized to spread the cost over several people it is as cheap as many tours I've been on. ($85 - 130/pp) for a 4 hour tour. It could be deep sea fishing or bottom fishing on the reef.

DH was able to go fishing in Panama and loved it. It wasn't the main goal of the tour but was an opportunity offered by the excursion hosts.

So my question is - is there really a lack of interest in fishing while on a cruise, or is it overlooked because it is thought to be too $$$?

Where are all the fishermen (women)? :confused:

Melissa

On the Equinox transatlantic back to Fort Lauderdale in the fall of 2013, my husband and I were at the smoking area on Deck Five when something hit the rail near the lifeboats and then the metal ashcan. We looked down and there was a fish flopping around. Before he threw it back, I took a picture because no one would believe it. ATTACH]348716[/ATTACH]

ImageUploadedByForums1431134711.093790.jpg.9266b7b9a1208893e160a9637d55cc4d.jpg

Edited by MissMapp

First of all, I am putting this in the general thread because it is not related to a specific location or type of fishing.

I am setting up excursions for our 2016 cruise. We have done the island tours, snorkeling, stingrays, shopping over the duration of several years. In all that time, I have never seen anyone organize a fishing excursion. This is not an activity owned by men alone. I have been fishing in MN since I was 6 years old and enjoy it greatly. If organized to spread the cost over several people it is as cheap as many tours I've been on. ($85 - 130/pp) for a 4 hour tour. It could be deep sea fishing or bottom fishing on the reef.

DH was able to go fishing in Panama and loved it. It wasn't the main goal of the tour but was an opportunity offered by the excursion hosts.

So my question is - is there really a lack of interest in fishing while on a cruise, or is it overlooked because it is thought to be too $$$?

Where are all the fishermen (women)? :confused:

Melissa

Melissa, my DW loves to fish, sun up to sun down. On our next cruise, I've chartered a 4 hour fishing trip in Nassau. A bit pricey but how often do you get to fish off of a reef when you live in the Midwest? She is sooo excited and I'm happy it makes her happy. I get my reward when we get back on the ship. :D