I believe...in the Upgrade Fairy!

I got a "Notification of Change" email last Friday for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on Jewel. I will admit that when I first got the email, I thought oh no something has gone wrong with our reservation, because I hadn't requested any changes since booking an excursion and getting the new invoice. But the only thing that changed was our cabin #!. We had booked a category I cabin and we were upgraded to a portside D1 cabin, for no additional charge!

Then today, a full week later, we both got an email from Crown & Anchor confirming the upgrade. This is a celebration cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary + my retirement, so having that balcony will be a wonderful treat.

We do appreciate the upgrade, Royal Caribbean! :)

We had booked a category I cabin and we were upgraded to a portside D1 cabin, for no additional charge!

We do appreciate the upgrade, Royal Caribbean! :)[

Such great news, because you MUST have a balcony cabin to enjoy every minutes of your Alaska cruise. We saw whales galore off our balcony.

Its interesting that C&A has moved to notification by email rather than call like they use to.

Maybe too many people were hassling the representatives when they would call, trying to negotiate locations, etc. I'm sure its much easier just assign and email.

Thanks everyone! We are very excited about the balcony. Linda, I had always heard people were called with upgrade offers too...and I guess they still would call if it was an upgrade for a fee offer. For us, the email worked perfectly :D

Either I have been unbelievably lucky, the upgrade fairy likes me or both.... on my March 2015 Oasis cruise I had a JS guarantee and end up with a GS. On my upcoming Liberty cruise in October, I originally booked a GS and a month later was able to upgrade to an OS for $49.00. I am happy in a balcony, so this is great.

Oh wow congratulations. We got an offer on the Millennium in March from an oceanview to a family aft balcony cabin. It was really a suite with a 245 sq. ft balcony. The bedroom and living room area were seperated. I was traveling with a girlfriend and the upgrade cost us $250 each for a two week Asia cruise. Small price to pay for this huge cabin and fabulous balcony.

Your Free upgrade is a great way to begin to celebrate your anniversary.

Marion