Caribbean in June

Hi,

We were thinking of flying from the UK to New York, having 3 days there and then cruising from Cape Liberty on the Anthem calling at Kings Wharf, St Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. We were thinking of June 2016, but were a bit worried about what the weather is like at this time of the year. I note most of the ships have moved over to Europe at that time of the year, makes me wonder if it's not the best time of the year to go. As said we are from the UK so this would be a once in a life time trip (we usually cruise from Southampton uk)

It's warm and just the start of the hurricane season where there's not a huge chance of one. The ships are moved around because it's summer and school is out so it gives families more options. It's less about weather and more about summer vacation time. And, it's not "most" of the ships. They redeploy a few to Alaska and Europe to cover the vacation timeframe. There's still a lot of ships cruising out of the US. In fact, the ships cruising out of Baltimore and NJ are there year-round.

Edited by BND

Could be a tropical depression or possibly a hurricane.

The heat and humidity would worry me far more than a hurricane. A ship captain will navigate around bad weather if needed but that can mean missing one or more ports. Seas could be rough or smooth as glass, there is really no way to predict until you are a few days prior to embarkation.

I think June is a great time to cruise and also to visit NYC, have cruised out of NYC many times about then. There may be a lot of children on the cruise, since school will be out in many parts of the US

Hi,

We were thinking of flying from the UK to New York, having 3 days there and then cruising from Cape Liberty on the Anthem calling at Kings Wharf, St Maarten, San Juan and Labadee. We were thinking of June 2016, but were a bit worried about what the weather is like at this time of the year. I note most of the ships have moved over to Europe at that time of the year, makes me wonder if it's not the best time of the year to go. As said we are from the UK so this would be a once in a life time trip (we usually cruise from Southampton uk)

In June the Caribbean is hot, and humid. (a major adjustment for someone from the UK)

Short intense showers are common with the key word being 'short'.

As this is the beginning of school holidays, expect more families, with school age children on your cruise.

The reasons the ships go to the Med. in the summers is they make more money per person in the Med.!

A suggestion to you is fly to Florida, and cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, or Miami.

You'll have less days at sea, more ports, the choices of ships, and itineraries is better, and the prices with the flight are 'usually' less.:)

Happy Cruising.:)

Edited by American Bear

We enjoy our June cruises! In fact, we are very much looking forward to our June 2016 Anthem cruise.

We have sailed several times in June. It is summer which means it will be hotter and more humid than winter or spring months, but overall still enjoyable. Hope to see you aboard Anthem next year!

Many thanks for your replies. The reason we want to go from New York is because we have never been and want to spend a few days there. We enjoy having a few sea days so that doesn't bother us, as for a lot of children being on board that doesn't bother us as last year we had to take our cruise in the middle for the uk school holidays and it was fine.

Many thanks for your replies. The reason we want to go from New York is because we have never been and want to spend a few days there. We enjoy having a few sea days so that doesn't bother us, as for a lot of children being on board that doesn't bother us as last year we had to take our cruise in the middle for the uk school holidays and it was fine.

In that case, have a great cruise.:)

I love leaving from NYC area, wish RCCL left from city and not NJ, if you would like a list of our favorite restaurants and clubs/bars let me know , we go to NYC every year and will be there in a couple of weeks