Chefs Table or Steakhouse?

psk2347

I am proposing to my girlfriend while on my cruise, Sunshine 7/26 and I am curious what is the more romantic choice? Steakhouse or Chefs Table? They both seem really fun but I have never been to either. Thanks for the advice.

Chefs Table is a group activity. If you are looking for intimate alone time definitely steakhouse.

That is what I was expecting, but I was unsure. Steakhouse it is then! Thank you!

I am proposing to my girlfriend while on my cruise, Sunshine 7/26 and I am curious what is the more romantic choice? Steakhouse or Chefs Table? They both seem really fun but I have never been to either. Thanks for the advice.

Good luck and congrats!!!! :D

Having been to both, either way is good. However, Chef's table has more courses, and is the elite food offering/experience on a Carnival Ship. Depends on what her interests and preferences are. But for only $75 or $35 PP either way is nice.

I was going to say Chefs Table so you could get the others in on the plan (and get photos from them). It is limited to only 10 or 12 people so it won't be a huge public affair like proposing in the MDR.

The food and experience are MUCH better-hense the price.

However if total privacy is your plan, then the Steakhouse is a better option.

The chef's Table is great food, a great experience, my DW and I hit it on our 13th Anniversary, a perfect anniversary evening.

When we did our vow renewals on our 10th anniversary, we did the Steakhouse as our meal.

Steakhouse was much more intimate and quiet and personal. A perfect night for that.

I would propose at the steak house. :cool:

Thank you everyone for the advice! We may end up doing both, however, the Steakhouse is the plan for the proposal. I would say I will let you know how it goes but I know she will say yes. Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for the advice! We may end up doing both, however, the Steakhouse is the plan for the proposal. I would say I will let you know how it goes but I know she will say yes. Thanks again!

The chefs table has a lot of interesting courses, if you drink, unlimited wine, a great magician, conversation with the chef, tour of kitchen, starts with glass of champagne @ lobby bar where you meet with the chef, & a group picture. You can sit next to each other & usually takes 31/2 to 4 hours, just finished our 4th for our 44th anniv, highly recommend.

Both! :cool:

I would propose at the steakhouse!

I would celebrate at the chef's Table!!

Steakhouse will be more romantic. The food will also be better and it will be cheaper.

The food is not better in the steakhouse. The chef's table is amazing. Worth every penny. Last cruise, we did the chef's table and two nights in the steakhouse.

Both! :cool:

I would propose at the steakhouse!

I would celebrate at the chef's Table!!

Perfect plan..these 2 upscale situations and new eateries on newer ships I am very happy about...splurges and quicker things that may be better and hot..versus the longer service dininng room issues...that seem to often take some snooping for best team etc. lately.

The food is not better in the steakhouse. The chef's table is amazing. Worth every penny. Last cruise, we did the chef's table and two nights in the steakhouse.

My mileage, while not perfect as some, in my one steakhouse trip so far..varied....it was best meal and perfect tenderloin on a rather..flop food wise changing the country location transition (last 2 US ported cruises Easter Criuse) on Spirit.

....it was best meal and perfect tenderloin on a rather..flop food wise changing the country location transition (last 2 US ported cruises Easter Criuse) on Spirit.
You lost me on this last part..... changing country location?:confused:

We've done both. In thensteakhouse, observing tables will look on and offer congrats. At Chef's Table, much more intimate group and I feel they would beva big warm part of it. I like Chef's Table, different, memorable and possibly with chef, maitre d' extra perks. Let them know ahead of time to plan. Vicki