HELP dmwnc1959

seamwoman

Please give me your advice on B429 on the Royal. We just booked it yesterday for 2016 so it can be easily changed. Is it on the Skywalk side and if so is that a problem? Thankyou, Karen

Please give me your advice on B429 on the Royal. We just booked it yesterday for 2016 so it can be easily changed. Is it on the Skywalk side and if so is that a problem? Thankyou, Karen

FWIW, the cabin is 4 decks below the SeaWalk...

It certainly wouldn't be a problem for me, but may be for others.

As Rick has said, you're pretty far down, and anyone standing on SeaWalk will not be able to see into your cabin, but a portion of your balcony (about 1/2) will be visible (you'll have the larger, extended sized balcony). If you are sitting in your chair on the balcony, and that chair is flush up against the glass sideways, they can see the tops of your heads. Sort of like on a Grand-class, when the upper-deck balcony cabin occupants are looking down on the Caribe/Dolphin balconies.

I don't see a problem with your choice in this stateroom, but it depends on how you feel about it.

If Caribe Deck cabins are available, you may want to pick the same cabin on that deck just to be 'safe'. ;)

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

I just had C428 on the Regal and had no issues with privacy whatsoever. there was a blue glow at night from the skywalk that lit up my room and I grew used to it. Great location. I think you will enjoy.

I don't know if it makes any difference but 428 is under the SeaView Bar and 429 is under the SeaWalk.

Might have the same blue light but I don't remember.

It certainly wouldn't be a problem for me, but may be for others.

As Rick has said, you're pretty far down, and anyone standing on SeaWalk will not be able to see into your cabin, but a portion of your balcony (about 1/2) will be visible (you'll have the larger, extended sized balcony). If you are sitting in your chair on the balcony, and that chair is flush up against the glass sideways, they can see the tops of your heads. Sort of like on a Grand-class, when the upper-deck balcony cabin occupants are looking down on the Caribe/Dolphin balconies.

I don't see a problem with your choice in this stateroom, but it depends on how you feel about it.

If Caribe Deck cabins are available, you may want to pick the same cabin on that deck just to be 'safe'. ;)

I think I remember you posted some picutres of a handicapped mini suite on the Royal/Regal. If you had posted them could you repost them. Thanks so much.

I think I remember you posted some picutres of a handicapped mini suite on the Royal/Regal. If you had posted them could you repost them. Thanks so much.

Here's a link back to that thread, which includes some commentary from the actual occupant of that h/c accessible mini-suite (LogansNini aka Linda)... ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46145437