Malaga Port

Ecuador

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone who has been to Malaga tell me how big the port is and if you require a shuttle bus to exit the port or can you walk?

This is the info that I got from WhatsinPort.com

Hope it is current.

Mary Lou

The Eastern dock (Pier 1) is used by the cruise ships. The walk to the city center around Plaza de la Constitucion and Calle Puerta de Mar is 15 minutes, about 2 km. The Port Authority of Malaga offers a shuttle bus from the cruise terminal to Plaza de la Marina in the center of the city.

Buses run every 15-20 minutes and costs about € 5 per person.

A new 900 square meter terminal (Pier 2) is set over two floors and can accommodate smaller cruise ships of up to 200 meters in length. It also has a specially designed mobile passenger loading bridge which connects to the cruise liner from the pier. This terminal is even closer to town.

Edited by Kooolmomma

You can walk if you wish to.

It is a total of 3 kilometers to the city center of Malaga from the new Cruise Terminal A and B. El Palmeral small ship port is in the city center. These are on the Eastern Warf in Malaga. The old cruise ship port was on the Western Warf in the industrial port.

I usually take a set fare taxi for 10 euro to anywhere in the city center. Many do walk, but I just save my energy as taxis are so readily available. You can take a shuttle part way and then walk or transfer to the city public transportation after exiting the secure area of the port.

http://www.crucerosmalaga.net/mapa.php

Edited by MADflyer

If you haven't been to Granada and seen the Alhambra, you must go there. It is one of the most see sites in Spain.

From Malaga you will spend over an hour on the road each way, but it is worth the trip.

We were last in Malaga nearly five years ago on our honeymoon cruise aboard the Grand Princess. If you have no mobility issues then the town centre is easily walkable from the ship. It took us around twenty to thirty minutes, as I recall.

We weren't actually that impressed with Malaga. The gardens along the sea front are lovely and lush and have pretty little parrots flying amongst the trees and the cathedral is a beautiful building. However, once we headed behind the main street into the back streets, we found it to be a very dirty, smelly place. Hopefully things have improved over the past five years but based on what we encountered, if we went to Malaga again we would take a trip to Grenada instead.

• 2 weeks later...
However, once we headed behind the main street into the back streets, we found it to be a very dirty, smelly place.

This is certainly NOT the Malaga we know and love! The back streets are fascinating, kept clean and are never smelly.

Does anyone know the name of a company in Malaga which provides small group tours to Alhambra? We would prefer a small group to a large bus tour group.

One company that consistently gets good reviews for small tours from Malaga to the Alhambra is Spain Day Tours

http://spaindaytours.com/granada-tour.html

Edited by campolady