Grandeur-any truth to BOBO half-off bev. Pkg. after boarding?

Hi all.

Noticed conflicting info on buying bev pkg after boarding:confused:

We'll be on Grandeur early June(sailing date seemed to factor in as well)

Soooooo, Rumor or fact?? AND if so, which pkgs??

Thanks!

Al

I'll be on the June 5th sailing and would be ecstatic if this were true...but I highly doubt it. We are planning on getting the Premium package but not purchasing until the second day.

I'll be on the June 5th sailing and would be ecstatic if this were true...but I highly doubt it. We are planning on getting the Premium package but not purchasing until the second day.

Good thinking!

Why the wait?

I'm cruising on the Granduer on May 29th and was told I am NOT eligible for the BOGO half off. It's for later sailings. Not sure when it starts.

What they're asking about isn't the BOGO50 being offered on line - but rather the rumor that if you wait until you board you can purchase BOGO50 on the ship.

This is all I know -- this same subject was rumored a couple of months ago as well and a whole long thread went on and on about it. And at some point, someone came back and confirmed no, it was not true. And if I recall, the other thread was also about Grandeur. Again, this was a couple of months ago. There was confusion on the other thread about the BOGO50 offer with new bookings vs. the BOGO50 rumored to be available for purchase AFTER BOARDING the ship. And in the end, the consensus at the time was that no, it's not available for half off once on the ship.

What they're asking about isn't the BOGO50 being offered on line - but rather the rumor that if you wait until you board you can purchase BOGO50 on the ship.

This is all I know -- this same subject was rumored a couple of months ago as well and a whole long thread went on and on about it. And at some point, someone came back and confirmed no, it was not true. And if I recall, the other thread was also about Grandeur. Again, this was a couple of months ago. There was confusion on the other thread about the BOGO50 offer with new bookings vs. the BOGO50 rumored to be available for purchase AFTER BOARDING the ship. And in the end, the consensus at the time was that no, it's not available for half off once on the ship.

This is my understanding too.

I would just advise all those who want the drink package to prepare for full price and consider yourself lucky once onboard if they do indeed have a special (However I don't think that will be the case)....it would be a wonderful surprise though considering if both my husband and I get a package for out 10 day it would be around $1000, yuck!

[/color]

This is my understanding too.

I would just advise all those who want the drink package to prepare for full price and consider yourself lucky once onboard if they do indeed have a special (However I don't think that will be the case)....it would be a wonderful surprise though considering if both my husband and I get a package for out 10 day it would be around $1000, yuck!

Yep. We just paid $808 for our 7-day Premium. I waited intentionally to purchase it as I had heard the rumors going around about half-off once on board. Ultimately, when the drink prices increased, I realized that the break even was at around 4 cocktails for the Premium package, I pulled the trigger. Between water and a few pool-side or after dinner cocktails and we will more than break even.

Yep. We just paid $808 for our 7-day Premium. I waited intentionally to purchase it as I had heard the rumors going around about half-off once on board. Ultimately, when the drink prices increased, I realized that the break even was at around 4 cocktails for the Premium package, I pulled the trigger. Between water and a few pool-side or after dinner cocktails and we will more than break even.

Its a hard total to swallow for sure! I know that we would def make out when it comes to the package. We aren't big drinkers through the year but when we are on vacation we like to enjoy, especially on a ship where no driving is involved :D

Last summer at the beach the hubby easily drank 7-8 beers just on the beach all day (possibly more).... and I am more of the fruity and frozen drinks type of girl...I do not really enjoy wine, so even though we are permitted the 2 bottles I don't know if I would actually be enjoying the wine....

Why the wait?

Because we likely won't drink that much on the first day/evening to get our money's worth, so if we wait to get it the second day, they will pro-rate it and we will only pay for 6 days.

Because we likely won't drink that much on the first day/evening to get our money's worth, so if we wait to get it the second day, they will pro-rate it and we will only pay for 6 days.

Got it, but you get onboard before noon usually, and they charge tax for those first four or five hours, so I'll bet you get value on the first day

Hi all.

Noticed conflicting info on buying bev pkg after boarding:confused:

We'll be on Grandeur early June(sailing date seemed to factor in as well)

Soooooo, Rumor or fact?? AND if so, which pkgs??

Thanks!

Al

Still would like to know if there's any truth to this:)

Just going out on a limb and saying that as chatty as the people on CC are, and as hot a topic as the price of drinks and drink packages is, I'm sure there would've been multiple threads on here by now if there was a shred of truth to being able to buy a drink package for half price AFTER boarding. This rumor has been popping up for a few months. By now if it were true, I would assume someone would've confirmed it.

Edited by Sherri914