engines to produce electric and thermal energy for cruises

jawcow

Hi. I'm interested in exploring the possibility of using diesel motors on cruise ships to both (a) supply electric energy to the ship and (b) supply Thermal energy to run the evaporators needed for the purification of sea water and /or the treatment of the grey water, bilge water etc in the cruise ships. A way of making these cruise ships have zero discharge into the ocean! Is there anyone out there interested in developing this idea with me??

This guy is joking, right? :D

Either that or he is looking at a steep learning curve. The idea of using Diesel engines to "... supply thermal energy..." is interesting in that the primary purpose of such engines is to CONVERT thermal energy to mechanical energy. I suppose that the mechanical energy so created could be retro-applied to create thermal energy for evaporators, but it does seem somewhat round-about.

Hi. I'm interested in exploring the possibility of using diesel motors on cruise ships to both (a) supply electric energy to the ship and (b) supply Thermal energy to run the evaporators needed for the purification of sea water and /or the treatment of the grey water, bilge water etc in the cruise ships. A way of making these cruise ships have zero discharge into the ocean! Is there anyone out there interested in developing this idea with me??

How much money do you have to throw at this idea? I'm sure we could make your idea workable with enough time and enough U.S. $$$$$.;):D Sorry I don't take the Euro stuff.

I've got a better idea to reduce cruise ship emissions.

Add long vertical poles, made out of wood (for ecological reasons).

Attach large sheets of material to them to catch the wind and so move the ship without using engines.:rolleyes:

You should patent this idea before you broadcast it! :p

I've got a better idea to reduce cruise ship emissions.

Add long vertical poles, made out of wood (for ecological reasons).

Attach large sheets of material to them to catch the wind and so move the ship without using engines.:rolleyes:

How silly can you be? Honestly, the next thing you'll be throwing out is that the world is not flat, or that the earth revolves around the sun. Simply crazy! :eek: