Question about opening up a cash account on Breakaway

travelady65

Hi....I have a question about opening up a cash account on ncl Breakaway .....

I want to open up a cash account on Breakaway when i sail her in December of this year...after i do check in.....do they send me to another line to open up the cash account, or do i do that at guest services, when i board the ship....NCL told me to open up the cash account i will have to open it up with a minium of $300..... would appreciate it if someone can give me some information on this..

The exact amount seems to vary all over the place.

The easiest way is to open with a credit card (never a debit), then just pay it down at the front desk when you get around to it.

(actually, the easiest is to open and pay with cc - but for those that prefer to pay in cash, the above idea works well)

Edited by garycarla

I like to use cash, but with the included Ultimate Beverage Package and pre-paid DSC, I likely will not spend any more money on the ship... Will probably just use a credit card so I don't have to go down to guest services to retrieve my unused cash on the last evening...

We always do a cash account .We do (just in case I lose my mind and buy a bunch of things aboard) back it up with a credit card. We pre-pay our gratuities and may have some OBC .After we check in and board we go to Guest Service and set up the account. Very easy . Hope that helps.

Hi....I have a question about opening up a cash account on ncl Breakaway .....

I want to open up a cash account on Breakaway when i sail her in December of this year...after i do check in.....do they send me to another line to open up the cash account, or do i do that at guest services, when i board the ship....NCL told me to open up the cash account i will have to open it up with a minium of $300..... would appreciate it if someone can give me some information on this..

When we checked into the Gem our friend put $152 down on her onboard account. They had a table set up in the terminal, which closed shortly after she opened her account (they told her that if she didn't get it done in the terminal she could set it up at guest services). Her service charges had been pre-paid.