What are you most looking forward to?

Dorhead1230

All of it - just EVERYTHING! :)

My husband and I need a break. This vacation is so anticipated.

1. Alone time

2. Down time

3. No schedule

4. No cooking, cleaning, care taking.

5. UDP :D

6. Specialty dining each night with the UDP

7. Virgin Gorda - never been

8. Checking out the Getaway

9. A cannoli at Carlos

10.The ocean

Thanks for starting this thread - I have enjoyed reading all the responses. :)

What I'm most looking forward to:

- rest and relaxation

- warm weather

- Palm trees

- Beaches

- Seeing the Hawaiian Islands

- Spending memorable and enjoyable time with my husband

- Soaking in the beauty of the scenery

- Snorkeling the Molokini Crater in Maui

- Alone time to reflect and think

- Watching my husbands reactions to Hawaii as this will be his first time there

- Going to Dukes in Waikiki for drinks (lava flow)

- Seeing Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island of Hawaii

What a great topic! Such a welcome change. :)

I'm looking forward to:

- Walking up the ramp to embark on the Breakaway, love that feeling when you first get onboard

- Embarkation lunch

- The muster drill—I know it's silly, but after it ends, all obligations are over, and it's time to sail!

- Experiencing sailaway out of NYC again, with some family with us (who have never cruised)

- Having an aft balcony for the first time

- Sleeping with the sea air and the rocking of the ship

- The morning arrival to Bermuda

- Snorkeling at Tobacco Bay

- Dark and Stormys

- Dinner out, every night

Most of all, I am looking forward to that part of the trip, after you leave New York, as the sun is starting to set, and there's nothing ahead of you but open ocean...and I realize that my next 7 days will be on this ship. No other feeing like it.

What a great topic! Such a welcome change. :)

I'm looking forward to:

- Walking up the ramp to embark on the Breakaway, love that feeling when you first get onboard

- Embarkation lunch

- The muster drill—I know it's silly, but after it ends, all obligations are over, and it's time to sail!

- Experiencing sailaway out of NYC again, with some family with us (who have never cruised)

- Having an aft balcony for the first time

- Sleeping with the sea air and the rocking of the ship

- The morning arrival to Bermuda

- Snorkeling at Tobacco Bay

- Dark and Stormys

- Dinner out, every night

Most of all, I am looking forward to that part of the trip, after you leave New York, as the sun is starting to set, and there's nothing ahead of you but open ocean...and I realize that my next 7 days will be on this ship. No other feeing like it.

You'll be on the Breakaway the week after me...I'll keep her in good condition for you ;). You are going to love love love the aft balcony. We got one last summer and are totally addicted. Your comment about the muster drill is great; I never thought about it that way, but you're so right!

We're looking forward to being on the water. We're looking forward to the 'at sea' days. We're looking forward to the new ports we're visiting. We're looking forward to see New Orleans. :D

You'll be on the Breakaway the week after me...I'll keep her in good condition for you ;). You are going to love love love the aft balcony. We got one last summer and are totally addicted. Your comment about the muster drill is great; I never thought about it that way, but you're so right!

Please do! :D

I really can't wait for the aft. I always have wanted one of those, since I love looking at the wake of the ship. Then when I saw the famous gambee review, and saw the size of those balconies, I REALLY wanted one.

The prices came way down, briefly, after we booked the cruise, and I was able to book an aft at a really good price, so of course I changed the reservation. I am seriously counting down the days!

Oh, that's fantastic! I am excited FOR her! [emoji2] We had such a great snorkeling trip in Bermuda two summers ago...it was so beautiful, it almost looked fake. She's going to love seeing everything clearly!

Thank you for your kind comment! She doesnt know we are going on a cruise yet so it will be a big surprise, this is literally the first time she will be able to see underwater!

I also forgot about the Eggs Benedicts, hash browns, the bacon, Indian food and hand-scooped ice cream from the Buffet. The frosted cinnamon rolls, hamburgers, fries and salads from the Outdoor grill. Chicken tenders, buffalo wings and mozzarella sticks from O'Sheenan (the snacks of sobering champions;)). Chinese food from the Asian restaurant, Wasabi in general and garlic rice from Teppannaki. And finally the appetizers from from the MDR - I can make a meal out of those.:p

I have to say, I like the food choices of NCL -its vast and they will stuff you. :D

Edit: I can't believe I forgot the pretzel rolls and the choices for a custom-made cheese platter from the buffet - those are yummy with tea or wine. :)

You had me at frosted cinnamon rolls! Seriously? They have REAL gooey frosted cinnamon rolls at the Uptown Grill on Breakaway during breakfast? Not just the cinnamon danish that look like a real cinnamon roll and only have a tiny drizzle of an ok icing on them? If these are the real deal instead then I'm in trouble...or at least my weight is lol!

I also love the pretzel rolls on NCL. On our last NCL cruise, my niece and I would grab one any time we were anywhere near the buffet...even after dinner oh my! We already said we're doing that again on this cruise! :)

NCL does have a lot of food choices. I'm also looking forward to indian food. I'm hoping have some at the lunch buffet.

I'm mostly looking forward to bringing food back from the buffet and eating with my DW on our balcony. If I find myself on the lazy side, I'll order the free room service. Of course this won't be on NCL.

And we were doing SO well... [emoji57]

Thank you for your kind comment! She doesnt know we are going on a cruise yet so it will be a big surprise, this is literally the first time she will be able to see underwater!

Fantastic! Have a wonderful time!