Explorer of the Seas - Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony #6632

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could answer my question, me and my Mum have got a cruise booked for the 3rd June '15 on The Explorer of the Seas and we have a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with balcony, the room number is #6632. We're wondering if this type of room has a sunbed on the balcony, or just a table and chairs?

Thankyou in advance!

Melissa

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could answer my question, me and my Mum have got a cruise booked for the 3rd June '15 on The Explorer of the Seas and we have a Superior Ocean View Stateroom with balcony, the room number is #6632. We're wondering if this type of room has a sunbed on the balcony, or just a table and chairs?

Thankyou in advance!

Melissa

Usually just a small table and two chairs.

Note also thatbalconies on deck 6 have an all metal balcony wall, whereas balconies on decks 7 and up have balcony walls that are half-metal and half-glass.

There is new furniture on the balconies.. two reclining very comfortable chairs and a large table.. which is now perfect to have room service on.. before it used to be a tiny table not even as high as the chairs lol :) but no sun loungers sorry

What does everyone mean by the metal wall?? Upgraded furniture sounds good :) In the picture of the cabin on the booking illustration it shows glass at the front? These are the measurements if that means anything to anyone: 16.6 sq. m (179 sq. ft), balcony 4.8 sq. m (52 sq. ft)

What does everyone mean by the metal wall?? Upgraded furniture sounds good :) In the picture of the cabin on the booking illustration it shows glass at the front? These are the measurements if that means anything to anyone: 16.6 sq. m (179 sq. ft), balcony 4.8 sq. m (52 sq. ft)

Deck 6 balcony:

VEA-13.jpg

Deck 7-10 balcony:

VEA-10.jpg

so if your short as I am- when your sitting you don't get so much of a view on Deck 6 - I get to look at a metal "wall". If there isn't much of a price difference Id definitely change.

Believe it or not i got a reduction of over £2000 to go from deck 8 to deck 6 balcony. It was a no brainer for me. We now have dulxe balcony cabin 6320 hump cabin.

Believe it or not i got a reduction of over £2000 to go from deck 8 to deck 6 balcony. It was a no brainer for me. We now have dulxe balcony cabin 6320 hump cabin.

I can see why you would do that for that kind of savings - it seems Deck 6 is always priced below others - wonder why? ;)

On our first cruise last year we were on deck 6 with the dreaded "metal wall" and unless you stood up you could not see the sea.. sitting down you had no view at all unless you are about 6.5ft :D

But this year we were on Deck 7 and boy what a different it was amazing.. we relaxed on the balcony loads :) when i was reading i could see out and it was so much nicer... if you can move up a deck please do you will benefit so much more.

11219254_10153168282221609_5987536488899597587_n.jpg.e3638a6a6d4c21f2f30c60c44224aa44.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On our first cruise last year we were on deck 6 with the dreaded "metal wall" and unless you stood up you could not see the sea.. sitting down you had no view at all unless you are about 6.5ft :D

But this year we were on Deck 7 and boy what a different it was amazing.. we relaxed on the balcony loads :) when i was reading i could see out and it was so much nicer... if you can move up a deck please do you will benefit so much more.

oh dear! wish I had read this before I booked ...... oh well probably too late now! I think it will be okay as both DH and I have height issues which was why we booked level/deck 6. Might make us feel a little better and DH thinks I am gonna throw him overboard so I can say it will ensure I can't LOL!

Cheers!

Edited by sexylegend8

oh dear! wish I had read this before I booked ...... oh well probably too late now! I think it will be okay as both DH and I have height issues which was why we booked level/deck 6. Might make us feel a little better and DH thinks I am gonna throw him overboard so I can say it will ensure I can't LOL!

Cheers!

Every single category of balcony cabin has availability on your cruise.

Just move to a different deck within your category.

Every single category of balcony cabin has availability on your cruise.

Just move to a different deck within your category.

Even if I have requested a particular cabin? we got as close as we could to midship as its the preferred, will consult with DH and TA and see where we go from there. :)

Thanks for the info!

Even if I have requested a particular cabin? we got as close as we could to midship as its the preferred, will consult with DH and TA and see where we go from there. :)

Thanks for the info!

Yes. Tell me where you want to be. Any deck, just midship? And which cabin did you book already? (if you don't know the name of its category, I will know by its number)

Yes. Tell me where you want to be. Any deck, just midship? And which cabin did you book already? (if you don't know the name of its category, I will know by its number)

we are booked in stateroom 6264 :)

We had an issue with heights on the Radiance of the Seas so dont think we can do much higher (couldnt go above deck 10 unless it was dark) and didnt see the point of paying more for a hump balcony cabin.

Thank you - again :)

we are booked in stateroom 6264 :)

We had an issue with heights on the Radiance of the Seas so don't think we can do much higher (couldn't go above deck 10 unless it was dark) and didn't see the point of paying more for a hump balcony cabin.

Thank you - again :)

You are Australian, so I am reading your countdown clock as June 3, 2016. Is that correct? ;)

Your cabin is an E2.

If so, here are your options:

7574-7590 are all available, as is 7596. ALL of those are closer to the middle of the ship than your cabin.

But if it's March 6, you are actually S.O.L. :(

Edited by Merion_Mom

You are Australian, so I am reading your countdown clock as June 3, 2016. Is that correct? ;)

Your cabin is an E2.

If so, here are your options:

7574-7590 are all available, as is 7596. ALL of those are closer to the middle of the ship than your cabin.

(the only currently available E2 on Deck 6 is an accessible cabin.)

oh dear better get the countdown clock fixed. LOL - yes reside in OZ and am a KIWI by nationality (never can forget my roots)

It should read 06th March 2016 - ooops

Your being amazing with your quick help I really appreciate this!!!!!!

We had 6658 recently on the May 26th cruise and found it very good, bit larger than your average cabin and to be honest the metal wall was not an issue. New furniture is fine and yes you can set the chairs at several angles.

• 6 months later...
We had 6658 recently on the May 26th cruise and found it very good, bit larger than your average cabin and to be honest the metal wall was not an issue. New furniture is fine and yes you can set the chairs at several angles.

Thanks! [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Was able to take a look into room 6658 for our upcoming cruise in October.

There is no metal wall (regular fiberglass) obstructing your view in this cabin. Lifeboat below, and off to the right corner of the balcony there is the lifeboat davit structure.

There are 8 of these cabins on the ship, 4 on deck 6, and 4 on deck 7. E1 category, deluxe ocean view stateroom with balcony. Deck 7 is the better choice.

These rooms are smaller than the regular balconies. 177 sq. ft. compared to 198sq. ft., but the balconies are larger, 82 sq. ft. compared 55 sq. ft. The rooms are shorter in length but wider.

No couch in the room, only a chair.

My first thought when entering the room was that it was a little on the small side, but it is wider, more room between the bed and desk, and a larger balcony.

Looking forward to trying a different cabin on our October cruise.