balcony cabins, what deck is your favorite?

bradleyk

I haven't sailed Carnival since 2003, but I am thinking about booking a cruise. The funship renovations seem great. So my I was wondering what you prefer? I would most likely booked on either the Lido deck balcony or the deck 2 cove balconies. So what would you choose?

TIA,

Brad

I would most likely booked on either the Lido deck balcony... So what would you choose?Brad

^^ You got it ^^ Lido balcony

Close to everything important and the hallways are quiet because only those with cabins on that deck go down the hallways !!

Cove. Love being that close to the water. We just booked b2b on the breeze and I went back and forth between lido, aft, and cove. I'd look at pictures of the aft and cove and every single time the cove just wowed me. Our last two cruises we had lido balconies and before that a cove on the Dream. Mid ship near the elevators is very convenient.

Whatever you do, don't book a balcony cabin right under the lido deck on Panorama - we figured it would be quiet at night because most people aren't out there making noise - and it was. However, we didn't take into account the deck chairs being dragged and stacked up late at night (SCRAAAAAAAAAAPE BANG! SCRAAAAAAAAAPE BANG!) for about an hour as we were trying to go to sleep... and even worse a repeat performance bright and early (around 6 am) in the morning... (SCRAAAAAAAAAAPE BANG! SCRAAAAAAAAAPE BANG!)

This was on the Pride, and it didn't ruin our cruise, but was fairly annoying while it was going on! We were on the Spirit a year later and booked on the Verandah Deck just below the Panorama Deck and slept like babies! ;)

^^ You got it ^^ Lido balcony

Close to everything important and the hallways are quiet because only those with cabins on that deck go down the hallways !!

I second this, been on Lido twice.

I haven't sailed Carnival since 2003, but I am thinking about booking a cruise. The funship renovations seem great. So my I was wondering what you prefer? I would most likely booked on either the Lido deck balcony or the deck 2 cove balconies. So what would you choose?

TIA,

Brad

Lido for sure. We book Lido on every ship. Love it, Love it..Close to the pool, the food, the action, etc. So convenient.

Absolutely agree with SASA13! Lido all the way!

See all those Carnival cruises in my signature? We booked Lido balconies on all of them but Paradise, Miracle, Pride, and Legend.

Why not, you might ask? Because those ships don't have any cabins on Lido deck.

Have a great cruise.

Our last cruise was Empress deck mid ship for our balcony. This year we are on the lido deck. I have heard nothing but good things about being on Lido and we are so excited to be that close and not feel like we are that close!

Another vote for Lido. I like the fact that even though you're close to all the action the corridors are quiet. I especially liked the fact that if the Lido Buffet is crowded at breakfast or lunch you're close enough to take your meal to your cabin where you can enjoy it on your balcony.

Enjoy your cruise no matter where your balcony cabin is.

Just make sure you have cabins on the deck above you and below you. We always stay on Verandah (and occasionally on Empress) in an Aft balcony. It's very relaxing to sit on your balcony and watch the ship's wake. Lido deck is always active, crowded and noisy. Just an opinion.

We do aft facing balconies as well! LOVE THEM!

But the location depends on the ship. If sailing on the conquest class we like deck 7 because it's sandwiched between 2 decks of cabins. Cabins above and below. But, on the dream class you could really do 7 or 8 since the lido deck is on deck 10 on dream class ships :)