Splendor March 2016 cancelled

peanutgirl

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Two Carnival Magic sailings in February were also cancelled for dry-dock. Magic sailings were switched to the Freedom with a new itinerary. They were only offered airline change fees reimbursement if they needed to change the flights since the Freedom is leaving Saturday and the Magic was leaving Sunday.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

We just got off the Splendor last month, and had a good time. I know it is an older ship, but we really didn't see anything that looked bad on the ship.

Older ship?

Except for the three dream class ships the Splendor is the newest in Carnivals fleet at 7 years old. Fantasy class, now we are talking older!

I think Carnival tries to do dry dock every 5 years or so. Magic is also going into dry dock and she is only 5 years old.

It's not Carnival, but rather a maritime law that you have to dry dock every 5 years!

We just got off the Splendor last month, and had a good time. I know it is an older ship, but we really didn't see anything that looked bad on the ship.

OLD? :eek:

Its 7 years old!

Wanna see OLD, check out the Fantasy :cool:

I think Carnival tries to do dry dock every 5 years or so. Magic is also going into dry dock and she is only 5 years old.

This makes me wonder when the Dream will go into dry dock since she's older than the Magic. We're booked on her for November but I'm not holding my breath for a Guy's Burgers this time around. :p

This makes me wonder when the Dream will go into dry dock since she's older than the Magic. We're booked on her for November but I'm not holding my breath for a Guy's Burgers this time around. :p

Dream had a dry-dock in September 2012. Not time for another one yet.

My friend just got a email from Carnival. Her cruise is cancelled due to dry dock, I think, but am sure it is cancelled.

Sorry but I'm happy to hear this. There were rumors that the Valor would go into dry dock in March 2016. If it's the Splendor then they won't put the Valor in at the same time.

I think this may happen to the Valor also. We are booked in July of 2016 but saw a press release that the Carnival Valor will be dry docked for an extensive drydock in March 2016 for FunShip 2.0. BUT..... you can still book cruised for this period of time.:confused:

I think this may happen to the Valor also. We are booked in July of 2016 but saw a press release that the Carnival Valor will be dry docked for an extensive drydock in March 2016 for FunShip 2.0. BUT..... you can still book cruised for this period of time.:confused:

I can't say it's never happened but I've never heard of two ships going into dry dock at the same time.

Edited by Out to sea!

Magic is also going into drydock in late February 2016. So when magic is done with drydock, Splendor will be heading to drydock. It's going to be a very busy time for Carnival with 2 ships getting dry docked!!

Does anyone know if it will still be in dry dock mid April 2016? I'm booked on the Splendor for my honeymoon on the 17th and there really aren't any comparable cruises and I really don't want this to ruin our honeymoon.