Carnival Breeze 4/25-5/3 2015 review with pictures

Cjh1975

On the first sea day we woke up and went to breakfast at the Blue Iguana for breakfast burritos. I love their breakfast burritos. They are really good. After breakfast we grabbed some loungers and laid by the pool for a while. Then we decided to walk around the top decks and explore.

The aft pool and wake of the ship

image_zpsjkmcn5ac.jpg

image_zps75swe0yg.jpg

The sports area

image_zpscvz5w7r7.jpgo

Walking the track with a ship in the distance

image_zpstxkydql7.jpg

A Celebrity ship sailing by

image_zpsjjtutqwg.jpg

After exploring a bit we went back to our loungers and watched the mixology contest. I have never watched this before and it was pretty entertaining. I can't remember if the chose 3 or 4 people to come up and make their own drinks. It was pretty fun watching them come up with their concoctions. Some drinks looked pretty good one looked really bad. The one that wine was a red, white and blue drink I believe they named the "Captain America." After the mixology contest was........

image_zpskyhuhijw.jpg

The hairy chest contest. Well actually we weren't waiting for it and we decided to go grab some lunch. We headed down to Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ. This was on deck 5 and only open on sea days. The food here was pretty good. The chicken was tasty, and the pulled pork sandwiches were delish. They had some sauce to put in the sandwiches that was really good too. I didn't care for the keilb ads, or sides very much and I thought the corn bread was really bad.

After lunch we went back to our loungers and spent the rest of the day relaxing in the sun, listening to the guitarist, and founding in the pool every now and then. I think I even feel asleep for a while.

Around 5:00 we decided to head to our cabins and get and get ready for dinner. After dinner we went to our cabin to chat with Jonnathan fo a bit then we headed to the piano bar til it closed then grabbed some pizza and called it a night. When we got to our cabin this was waiting for us

A chick maybe?

image_zpsyffvulky.jpg

We had told Jonnathan that we wanted to keep our towel animals, so he told us he would make is a zoo.

The start of our zoo

image_zps99yjdnoa.jpg

The second sea day was basically the same as the first.... Lots of eating, laying out on the deck, and going in the pool. We finished the day off with the piano bar and pizza.

This was our 4th time to St Thomas and we have done an island tour twice so this time we decided we would go to the beach and then go to a bar we love. We woke up, got some breakfast then headed off the ship.

The Valor docked behind us

image_zps4tggrxxm.jpg

We took a taxi over to Sapphire Beach. The taxi driver was really friendly and she tried to point out places of interest but her speaker system in the van was so bad no one could really understand her. She dropped us off at and we walked down a short path to the Beach. At first glance Saphire Ian much to look at. Thee is lots of construction, but once you pass the buildings the beach is breath taking. We walked up to a hit to rent beach chairs where a guy and girl were working. As the guy was helping us he noticed a famply walking up to the chairs. He said to the lady working, " look out we've got poachers!" Th lady ignores him so he said to us, sorry ladies there are poachers I need to take care of them. Then he turns to the lady working and exclaims "we have poachers" jumps over the counter and goes after the family that he was watching. In my opinion it was quite dramatic. So after he dealt with the "poachers" he came back and got us 2 chairs. We asked him about snorkeling and he said Sapphire Beach had some of the best snorkeling on the island. He said if you go to your right there are a lot of fish and if you swim out straight you can see Rays and turtles. We sat on the chairs for a while enjoying the view

image_zpstnopinnl.jpg

After laying out for a bit we went in the water and went snorkeling. We went out to where the chair guy said had great snorkeling. The snorkeling was okay, not great. I think Coki beach had better snorkeling. After being in the water for awhile we went back to chairs and a lady sitting next to us pointed out a visitor next to her.

image_zpsc3p1pmhc.jpg

image_zpsxrfvbgxn.jpg

image_zpsmrbibau3.jpg

After watching the iguana for a bit we laid out for a while

image_zpspm6ksneh.jpg

image_zpstbfribvn.jpg

Subscribed! Loving your review already! I also live in SoCal and am considering a cruise aboard the Glory for March 2016! This would be my first Caribbean cruise and first time flying to the East Coast! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

Thanks. We did the Glory in Jan. it's a great ship. You wil have a great time.

We got on the Breeze as you got off. Went straight to Red Frog and Adrian poured our beer also! We were 2nd so ours was not on the house. :(

Maybe next time :). Adrian was really nice. Liked him a lot

Great start! Nice pics. What is a shade ade?

Thanks. A shade ade is a frozen drink that had Lemonades, grenadine and vodka in it. It is delish

Edited by Cjh1975

Followin - on the breeze at the end og August. We are flying over from the UK so hadnt considered the hurricane season.

You will have a great time. I've sailed a couple of times during hurricane season haven't had any problems :)

When we were in St Thomas a year ago, we wanted to go to Saphire beach but there were no amenities there. Has it been improved or was it just the chairs from the hut. Apparently not even that was there last year. Are there restrooms?

There are restrooms Right now it's basically just the hut where you can rent the chairs, paddle boards or snorkeling equipment and you can get drinks there too. There are two structures that are boarded off and are under construction. I asked the lady at the hut what they were building and she said that she wasn't sure because 2 of the owners are big babies that are fighting over what they are doing. It is a beautiful beach though