What's the ONE thing you wish you had packed that you didn't?

SerenadingSarah

Insulated coffee mugs, keeps things cold or hot.

Zip lock baggies, I use these for everything, handy for grabbing a few cookies or brownies off the buffet and keeping in room for late night snacks, or beach snacks.

Air freshner.

New best friend, hand wipes and alcohol gel cleaner. Got everyone a small bottle for their bags, plus the sanitizing hand wipes I got are individully wrapped so easy to throw one or two in your pocket.

I use the ship provided shampoo to wash out our bathing suits, my shanpoo is way too good to use for that, and I don't want to have to bring anything extra , so the ship shampoo is great for washing stuff out( but not so great for my hair!)

Plastic food tray - So he can run out and grab some breakfast at the buffet while I do my hair!!!

Hair ties (speaking of hair!) - the pool area can get pretty windy. Even if you don't like your hair up . .

Sunvisor or hat - Helps keep the sun and hair out of your eyes while on boat rides.

Cell phone chargers

Business cards - make business cards with your picture and email address to hand out to your new friend. The picture helps them associate.

Nail file - nothing worse than a chipped nail and no way to file it down

PJ's - :eek: Please don't order room service without them!!!

I just came back from a cruise and looked online to find out what I should pack...glad I did....

1) Zip-loc baggies

2) A water proof pouch for money and passport while snorkelling or in the water in case there is no safe place on the islands

3) A power bar for the cabin - could not have managed without it

4) A small tiny electric fan for white noise and air circulation

5) a small back pac for your stuff on the islands

6) a travel clock

7) ear plugs

8) a portable iron or spray to get the wrinkles out - or get wrinkle free clothing -some ships only have valet service for ironing that cost money

9) a sweater or wrap - the A/C is way too cold on the ships in the dining rooms and other parts of the ship

10) sunscreen and aloe vera in the event you get sunburned

All of these items were used and would have been missed otherwise.

Hand sanitizer, small bottle you can carry with you and wash hands as needed.

Small bottle of hand lotion. Washing my hands makes my hands so dried out! Also, lotion works great if your dress is sticking to your nylons (static cling! :eek: ). Rub some on your hands, but not all the way dry, and then rub on your nylons, works great!

I agree with the mini-first aid kit, I include bandaids, aspirin, cold meds, neosporin (great if you get a blister on your feets), lip balm, and of course sunblock! I throw mini sewing kit as a first aid kit to my clothes, just in case!

I hadn't thought I would need it, but I sure wish I would've had it!

1.Duct tape....we had rocky wwaters the first night...the bathroom medicine cabinet door kept opening...closing...opening....closing...opening...closing

You get the idea. Next time, I'll bring a samll roll!

2. spray air freshener for bathroom...not ventilated...embarassing!

3. a hat for my head...it got sunburnt in the part...ow..it hurt for days!

Things I was glad I brought:

Insulated mug (for coffee, and tea, and lemonade by the pool)....plug in air freshener with night lite built in...battery operated alarm clock...waterproof cameras for excursions involving water....plastic shower cap (to protect video camera while on boat ride to Stingray city)(Salt water...very bad for cameras)...3 outlet electric plug...Beano/Gas-x (all that food)...Pepto Bismol...After sun ointment...OW sunburn!!...extra batteries for camera...magnets for the door (or better yet...small magnetic wipe-off board for notes on door)...highlighter....extra wire hangers (bought at the $1 store..then I left them to save packing room)...

what a great idea !!!

brought the wrinkle releaser twice, never used it.

Complete first aid kit - bandaids, H2O2, polysporin, immodium, MOM, Tyl & Adv, Tums, ace wrap, scissors, sewing kit, safety pins, crazy glue,throat lozenzes, benadryl, Tide marker, mylanta,eyeglass repair kit, biofreeze pain relief, anti-itch cream.

Sits in a 9x6x3 pouch cruise to cruise.

45 sunscreen & lip bloc ---you really do get tan with 45. you just don't get burned.

small jar to hold q-tips

container to hold all my hair supplies & makeup

individual health history form that is completely up-to-date with list of immunizations/surgeries/current meds/blood type/allergies, etc. (just in case)

water people - small stay-in-the-bag toiletry kit with comb, q-tips and whatever you want to feel "fresh" for a meal or a 45 minute cab ride back to the ship. pack a sandwich for the boat ride back after snorkeling ... SUPER for the Baths where there is a lot of exercise and only rum punch on the way "home"

manicure kit

extra week of "life-saving" medicine

meclizine for seasickness ... for those with Rx plans ... a LOT cheaper than Bonine

if room doesn't have a fridge, bring a cooler and ask steward to keep it filled with ice.

lint roller

that's all I can think of now ... ;)

I dont know if this has been posted yet,and Im not gonna go back and find out :)..but...before my cruise this past week..I was in Walmart walking up and down the isles thinking something might jump out at me and say "Buy Me!"..and it did.

I saw this tiny little container of dental repair incase you lose a filing or bridge work.I thought thats probably a good thing to keep in my cruise kit,you never know when your going to lose a filing,so I threw it in my basket.

Well...one of the guys needed to find a dentist for repair while we were in Antigua.I said they should ask on the ship if there was a dentist onboard first,so they went to the infirmary and they handed them this same little kit and told them to do it themselves.It was $20. I paid a little over $3 at Walmart and so I gave it to them..so,now,when I go back to Walmart,I will buy another one to replace the one I gave them. Dot

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously LOTS of sunscreen when doing the Caribbean. But it took me 2 cruises to figure out...

1) the right SPF for our skin type- instead of the Wisconsin SPF 8, I need a 30 to tan, not burn on the ship.

2) one bottle really wasn't enough for 2 people on a 10 day trip

I always have a small sewing "kit" for the last min. lost button. Comes with the small scisssors ...(priceless!)

All otc meds that we could possibly need. This includes "feminine" products. Pre-menopause makes us ladies a bit "off schedule." Trust me..be prepared.

Extra pair of sunglasses. (Lost a nice pair, paid a ton to replace them.)

Copies of health insur info, passports, drivers licenses.

An ear syringe and ear drops. It took 3 visits to the shop's doctor and cost $268. to take care of something I could have done myself if I had had the proper equipment. Almost any time we travel somewhere another item gets added to the "just in case necessities" bag! I thought we had everything we could ever need it there until this last cruise . . .

Make sure if you bring a clock - most ships don't have them in your room - make it battery operated because the clock is wired different than the electric current of the ship. (Found this out the hard way):rolleyes:

At a dollar store near here, I bought one of those shoe bags to hang on the back of the door. It cost $1.

It wasn't as nice as the mesh ones or the clear plastic ones but for $1, I tossed it in the trash before we came home.

We've loved these cameras. They work underwater (and above).

Of course, the pictures of us taken underwater aren't always very flattering but they're great memories of snorkeling, stingrays, etc.

They sell them on the ship and in the ports for about double what they cost in a store here ($8 or $9).

We've loved these cameras. They work underwater (and above).

Of course, the pictures of us taken underwater aren't always very flattering but they're great memories of snorkeling, stingrays, etc.

They sell them on the ship and in the ports for about double what they cost in a store here ($8 or $9).

I bought an I.D. holder/lanyard on EBay and just LOVE it. This lady makes beautiful items and will even custom design one for you if you ask her. And, she'll make them to size for you if you need a different size than she has made up.

Might seem a little pricey but if you're a cruise lover and go often, it's well worth it because they're so nice.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sallys-Garden-of-Beadin

individual health history form that is completely up-to-date with list of immunizations/surgeries/current meds/blood type/allergies, etc. (just in case)

I carry this every day and update it (with a note of the date). Because I take a lot of medication, this makes it easy when visiting a new doctor (or ship's doctor, as I have). They can easily make a copy of it and have a record. I keep it with my insurance card, prescription drug card and organ donor card.

What's a ziplock bag? Its a plastic bag that comes in different sizes that has a ridge on both sides that you zip/push together. It is then waterproof and air 'locked' so nothing can fall out or get into the 'bag'. They have 'snack' size, sandwich, pint, quart, gallon and now you can get 2-4 gallon sizes. "Ziplock" is the brand name but there are other brands that are just like ziplock. Go to http://www.ziplock.com for info and recipes using them.

We Don't use lanyards (SP?) - just put ship's card, driver's license, credit card and maybe $20 in our pocket when going ashore. If you do get a lanyard, make sure it is plastic & waterproof. Then you can wear it when swmming.

Archived