Princess insurance refund questions

whiterose

Turning to you guys for answers because I have a hearing loss so hate having to use the phone unless I absolutely have to.

Three weeks ago we had to cancel our cruise on the CB only 4 days before she sailed. Husband injured his knee and doc says do not cruise. We had EZ air and Princess Platinum insurance.

1. Does Princess refund the port charges to your credit card and how long does it typically take before it shows up on your account?

2. Does AON insurance acknowledge that they received your claim? We're still waiting to hear from them two weeks after we mailed it in.

3. How long before they pay up?

Turning to you guys for answers because I have a hearing loss so hate having to use the phone unless I absolutely have to.

Three weeks ago we had to cancel our cruise on the CB only 4 days before she sailed. Husband injured his knee and doc says do not cruise. We had EZ air and Princess Platinum insurance.

1. Does Princess refund the port charges to your credit card and how long does it typically take before it shows up on your account?

2. Does AON insurance acknowledge that they received your claim? We're still waiting to hear from them two weeks after we mailed it in.

3. How long before they pay up?

I have not filed a claim with Princess insurance but I did file a claim with Carnival's vacation protection and AON handled the claim.

Carnival did refund the port charges & taxes to our credit card - it took several days but less than a week for those to show up.

The paperwork states that AON would acknowledge receiving the claim but they did not send me an email acknowledging they had received my claim until three weeks to the day they received it. I mailed it and had tracking, I also called them to verify they received it.

It took about 4 weeks for me to receive payment for the cruise. I had to call them about the airfare - they re-processed and I received payment for the airfare in about ten days.

They still owe me for my Southwest Earlybird charges which I haven't called them about yet.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks yes it helps to know about your experience. Just a few minutes ago I got email from AON saying they received our claim so now I'll wait and hope they refund the right amount. I want to get the refund before we start looking for another cruise.

Thanks yes it helps to know about your experience. Just a few minutes ago I got email from AON saying they received our claim so now I'll wait and hope they refund the right amount. I want to get the refund before we start looking for another cruise.

We made a claim with Aon and faxed all the paper work. Then we got an e mail it was received within 24 hours. Three weeks later we got another e mail to expect a check in 1 to 2 business days. It did arrive on time. All items with bills or receipts were refunded. Good Luck

Edited by BRANDEE

• 3 weeks later...