Itineraries

sjdnv

Is it just me or are you disappointed in Celebrity's itineraries especially the South Pacific. Princess has some really great new itineraries with some new sailings to Papua New Guinea Would love a 10 or 12 day South Pacific round trip Papeete without having 4-5 sea days from Hawaii. .Love Celebrity but we really need a change from the stale old itinerary's.

Is it just me or are you disappointed in Celebrity's itineraries especially the South Pacific. Princess has some really great new itineraries with some new sailings to Papua New Guinea Would love a 10 or 12 day South Pacific round trip Papeete without having 4-5 sea days from Hawaii. .Love Celebrity but we really need a change from the stale old itinerary's.

Princess and Paul Gaugin have 10 to 12 day cruises out of Papeete.

The Paul Gaugin is in that area all year round.

I agree. We love cruising with Celebrity, but quite a lot of their itineraries have become a bit boring and we have started to look at other cruise lines. Azamara is great but not always affordable. We haven't tried Princess yet but are surely considering them because of their cruises in the South Pacific even if it is difficult and expensive to reach Papeete from Europe. We have also found Holland America an alternative because of their more varied itineraries and their fantastic crews .

So let's take Celebrity's beautiful ships and combine them with HAL's itineraries, mix both their fantastic crews and friendly service and condense everything to a ship the size of the "Azamara Journey" or "Quest"...... The only thing they all can lose is the terrible kind of tea bags they offer with tea the colour and (possible) taste of lukewarm dishwater. :cool:

Edited by grayjay
typo!

I understand what you are saying, there are so many beautiful places in the world and sometimes you feel that cruise itineraries are only touching the edges of them.

I guess there are so many ships and with so many people wanting a flavour of an area it is inevitable that only the highlights are shown. Even in Europe, with such a high density of cruises, some of the real 'gems' such as Valletta and Split may only be visited once in a season.

As the previous post said, if you want an in depth cruise you are often better going with a locally based provider. Alternatively, we find some of the repositioning cruises give us greater options. Last year the Trans Pacific Hawaii to Sydney took us to some far away sights and in 2017 we are cruising Singapore to Abu Dhabi.

Hope you manage to find a cruise to match your dreams. I am sure you will get some good advice from this site.

I understand what you are saying, there are so many beautiful places in the world and sometimes you feel that cruise itineraries are only touching the edges of them.

I guess there are so many ships and with so many people wanting a flavour of an area it is inevitable that only the highlights are shown. Even in Europe, with such a high density of cruises, some of the real 'gems' such as Valletta and Split may only be visited once in a season.

As the previous post said, if you want an in depth cruise you are often better going with a locally based provider. Alternatively, we find some of the repositioning cruises give us greater options. Last year the Trans Pacific Hawaii to Sydney took us to some far away sights and in 2017 we are cruising Singapore to Abu Dhabi.

Hope you manage to find a cruise to match your dreams. I am sure you will get some good advice from this site.

We loved Singapore. Recommend the Royal Hotel on Scotts. It is a very nice 4.5 star cost about $175 per night.

When you go to Abu Dhabi, make sure you visit the unbelievable mosque there. It cost $2 billion. It is amazing.