Uber from fll to port everglades

If you do a search on the board, you will see several threads on the topic. Latest news, IIRC, is there was to be a hearing in the near future to allow Uber into the port- at the time of that thread, Uber was not allowed in the port.

If you do a search on the board, you will see several threads on the topic. Latest news, IIRC, is there was to be a hearing in the near future to allow Uber into the port- at the time of that thread, Uber was not allowed in the port.

I'm away from Florida for the summer but as of April 28th (maybe some of the other locals will provide updates if the situation changes). Looks to me like the previous restrictions (Port Everglades and the Airport) must still stand.

(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...8-story.html):

commissioners on Tuesday passed a sweeping new law regulating app-based ride services such as
, despite the company's threat to leave town if they did.

The new regulations legalize services including Uber and Lyft, whose drivers use their personal vehicles. But the law left intact tough provisions that Uber said would make it impossible to operate in Broward.

Each driver will be required to register with the county, submit to a county-run fingerprint-based background check, and carry the heightened insurance state law requires for commercial vehicles for hire...

Uber had hoped state legislators would have passed a law preventing local governments from regulating it, as well as setting insurance and background check requirements for drivers. But the House adjourned its session Tuesday without passing an Uber bill.

Edited by capriccio

Taxi is about 15 bucks. I wouldn't even worry about trying to find something cheaper there.

Agree. I think our fare was $13.00 last time (plus tip of course). It depends which ship you're going to but geez, cheap enough that I can't see trying to use UBER.

Taxi drivers pay their licenses, line up to get fares and most are pretty good. Why are we trying to undermine their livelihood?

It's not worth using Uber for this ride. They have been restricted by law from servicing both the port and airport, so you are likely to run into a little drama. Also, you'll have to try to find your car in the middle of a busy airport. Is it really worth it for the sake of saving a few dollars off of a $15 taxi ride?