Tips on Disney

"A sign that this trip is coming to an end, we found a preliminary bill on the mail holder this morning. It was correct, and it included all of the tips for this 14 day cruise. According to their explanation of charges, only four people that took care of us would get a share of the tips.

When we got back to the room, we found another letter with the individual tips for our waiters, room steward, and dining room head server. The amounts are $4 per day per person for our head restaurant server, $3 per day per person for the assistant waiter, $1 for the head waiter, and $4 per day per person for our room attendant. That is a total of $336 for the 14 day cruise. This was printed on slips of paper that we will put in the appropriate envelope to give to our people. The amount was already put on our shipboard account, and whether or not we hand them to the individuals, they will get this tip automatically. We also have the option of taking this amount off of our account, and giving them cash instead. Some folks take it off, and give them less or nothing. Really, we have been told by some that’s what they do."

Holland America - Bill and Mary - World Cruise

I like Disney's method of tipping, instead of all this stuff about stewards and waiters having to give all tips in for pool distribution. This method I can understand - reward for excellent service.

They are very experienced world cruisers on HAL's Amsterdam, who decided to cruise back to the west coast of USA on Disney, rather than fly from Florida, the end of the HAL world cruise.

They have a lot of followers of their world cruise on HAL, so continued their blog on HAL.

I am really enjoying their comments on the differences between HAL and Disney.

They are very experienced world cruisers on HAL's Amsterdam, who decided to cruise back to the west coast of USA on Disney, rather than fly from Florida, the end of the HAL world cruise.

They have a lot of followers of their world cruise on HAL, so continued their blog on HAL.

I am really enjoying their comments on the differences between HAL and Disney.

Thanks that makes sense then. Just couldn't figure out why the "random" reference to Disney tipping policy.