Booking early or Last minute?

chromered7

Everything ruined now as read a review about MSC yacht club.

Ooh! Just downloaded their brochure.

Want want want.

I, too, have been investigating MSC YC, but I'm a bit hesitant to invest that kind of money solely on someone else's opinion and without ever having set foot on their ship. We're giving Luninae a try, first, then we'll see.

I, too, have been investigating MSC YC, but I'm a bit hesitant to invest that kind of money solely on someone else's opinion and without ever having set foot on their ship. We're giving Luninae a try, first, then we'll see.

This will give you another 'opinion' of MSC Yacht Club:

http://agiawellness.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-cruise-aboard-msc-divina-week-that.html?m=1

As one who's been in YC on both MSC Preziosa and MSC Splendida (and am currently booked in YC on MSC Divina in September) I have no hesitation in saying that the experience far exceeds the cost. I've booked a Sky Suite on Celebrity just to have something to compare it to, though, having read reviews in as many places as I can, and weighing up what's offered by the two, I'm still leaning towards MSC being better value overall. However, I'm keen to experience the difference.

We booked a suite on the Constellation Jan 2017. There are now only two or three suites of any type left. There are also 3 accessible sky suites left. So we are glad that we booked early.

I forgot to say also that the price has gone up $1300 Australian since we booked. It's a repositioning so no perks are involved in the price change.

We seem to always book way ahead of time. I have 2 more cruises booked for this year. Still looking for a cruise for Mar 2016. But I have booked Sept 2016 and Jan 2017 already. As benjoon said the suites are just about gone for Jan 2017 on Connie. I grabbed 2 Sky suites and the price jumped up. For us it is all about location.

Here's a PERFECT example of an UNBELIEVABLE last minute (3 weeks prior) bargain... (although not on Celebrity this time)

My favorite online site has two consecutive 7 night cruises on Coral Princess for $399 each... with $335 OBC each! :eek:

A 14 night Alaskan Cruise for $798pp with $670 OBC is the type of deal that keeps me cruising!

Yes, and Princess combines stockholder and military credit. It's a great deal. I wish Celebrity allowed similar credits.

We always waited until last minute if we were driving to the ship, but booked earlier when we were flying. I believe however that X changed the rules of the game when they rolled out the All Inclusive deal last fall. Last November while aboard Reflection we took advantage of that promotion to book 4 sailings in cc and we're very glad we did. In the past few months availability shrank dramatically, even on sailings 2 years out, and prices shot up. Our combined cost for the 4 sailings is $22k. Today they list for over $29k and most cc, aq and suite cabins are sold out. Given that recent pricing trend, I'm inclined to book as soon as the fall 2017 schedule is released provided that the AI package is still being offered.