Married name not on my passport

pbmsmile

First time I sailed I didn't have my passport yet - just BC and I brought my marriage license with me just in case - that worked. maybe you could bring your ML along as a precaution.

Someone else might know the exact answer. Mine is just a thought.

This ^^^ Go by what the State Dept tells you. I see you live in the midwest. If you aren'tpressed for time you can take it to the Chicago office and walk it through. You will get it back in a week to 10 days usually, if not faster. Costs more though if I remember correctly. I did this and it worked well. Or, if you don't have time, wait and do you the name change (license, ssn...) until after you get back from your cruise. That way you can travel under your current name. So I guess it comes down to have you already changed your name? If not, how much time between your wedding and cruise?

Edited by LSEA

OP I had the same thing, passport in my maiden name. I didn't want to pay the money to have it updated, so I opted to wait for it to expire, which it just recently did. When I made my cruise reservations, I just used my maiden name, and it matched my passport, never had any problems. Hope this helps. :)

Thanks all! (except the smarty pants Google answer which was unnecessary) :rolleyes:

Unnecessary?

If you were looking for the logical and legal answer, it was the correct answer.

If you were looking for support, empathy, or someone to give you the answer you wanted to hear,,, then mia culpa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_culpa )

importantly, if you read the smarty pants info

at the website it does tell you that if you've had your passport less than a year there is no cost to replace it for a name change, unless you need it expedited

however, the suggestion to take your ML with you is a goodun, as is booking your cruise with your maiden name!

:)