Breeze - Balcony Cabin Help Please

js

Hi.

Can anyone please help me.

I'm a RCCL and NCL cruiser but my mom (69), dd (22) and I are going to take the Breeze January 30 out of Miami. Really looking forward to trying something new and two new ports for us.

I cannot decide what balcony cabin to book. Do I want Cove, Extended Aft or Spa?

I understand that the Spa would just be for the first two people and we would have to purchase the third pass.

Are the aft balconies big? Do they have loungers on them? I can only see that there are two left on Deck 9 for my sailing (both sides of the middle aft cabin).

But, I really dislike Deck 9 since the pool deck is directly above us.

Has anyone sailed out of Miami in January/early February and had to have the Cove balcony closed?

As my dd would say, First World Problems, but I am trying to pick the best cabin we can for the money. Is it worth it to upgrade to a suite (we sail NCL Haven but don't find it beneficial to sail RCCL Suites). Will the location and cabins be much better?

Thank you all So much!

Edited by js

I don't know what the heck I should book?

How much is a spa pass for the week since if I book spa balcony I still need to purchase

for one more person. That is not a deal breaker at all but so confused.

Spa cabins are located on decks 11 and 12 with the actual spa on deck 12.

I've never done an aft-balcony as they only sleep up to 3 and we always have 4. I would love to try one someday though! I also would not like deck 9 and being directly under a public deck.

I've been in a cabin with the cove and watching the water go by was really neat.

With that said I prefer a regular balcony preferably on Lido (deck 10). We are booked on Breeze next week on deck 11 non-spa balcony. We like to be close to the pools and food.

Good luck with your decision.

Spa cabins are located on decks 11 and 12 with the actual spa on deck 12.

I've never done an aft-balcony as they only sleep up to 3 and we always have 4. I would love to try one someday though! I also would not like deck 9 and being directly under a public deck.

I've been in a cabin with the cove and watching the water go by was really neat.

With that said I prefer a regular balcony preferably on Lido (deck 10). We are booked on Breeze next week on deck 11 non-spa balcony. We like to be close to the pools and food.

Good luck with your decision.

Thank you. I would have booked today but have no clue what we want LOL

I think I need to book by Sunday for the ESR? January 30 is my sailing.

You mentioned the noise on Deck 9 and I have also read about it and I always like to be sandwiched inbetween cabins. Only Deck 9 aft balconies are available so maybe what I should do is book a Spa balcony and look to see if any afts open up on Deck 7 or 8 as it gets closer to final payment? I keep looking to see how much more a spa pass would cost just to factor that into the price since there will be three of us. Thanks so much!

Thank you. I would have booked today but have no clue what we want LOL

I think I need to book by Sunday for the ESR? January 30 is my sailing.

You mentioned the noise on Deck 9 and I have also read about it and I always like to be sandwiched inbetween cabins. Only Deck 9 aft balconies are available so maybe what I should do is book a Spa balcony and look to see if any afts open up on Deck 7 or 8 as it gets closer to final payment? I keep looking to see how much more a spa pass would cost just to factor that into the price since there will be three of us. Thanks so much!

You have until close to the end of August to book if you are looking to book the early saver rate.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover
corrected the month

You have until close to the end of October to book if you are looking to book the early saver rate.

Bill

Thank you Bill. For some reason I thought it said Sunday.

Three women that would use the spa maybe spa balcony?

The aft is out since there are only two left on Deck 9.

So, Cove or Spa. My mom loves to sit on the balcony and read.

The suite balconies are more than we want to spend now since my family,

my sisters family and my mom will all be coming off an NYE cruise on RCCL Independence.

This is just girl getaway.

Thank you.

Thank you Bill. For some reason I thought it said Sunday.

Three women that would use the spa maybe spa balcony?

The aft is out since there are only two left on Deck 9.

So, Cove or Spa. My mom loves to sit on the balcony and read.

The suite balconies are more than we want to spend now since my family,

my sisters family and my mom will all be coming off an NYE cruise on RCCL Independence.

This is just girl getaway.

Thank you.

Oops my mistake. You have until near the end of August for early saver rates.

Was there a sale associated with the early saver rate maybe, that ends Sunday?

For cruises 6 days or longer early saver is usually available until 5 months before the sail date.

For cruises less than 6 days it's 3 months.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bill

Oops my mistake. You have until near the end of August for early saver rates.

Was there a sale associated with the early saver rate maybe, that ends Sunday?

For cruises 6 days or longer early saver is usually available until 5 months before the sail date.

For cruises less than 6 days it's 3 months.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bill

Not sure about the sale but I will look on CCL site.

I usually book through the big C but they don't do CCL cruises and not sure if I can find a TA that will give OBC. Right now, I am only going through CCL but always use a TA.

If sale, I will book tomorrow.

Thank you for your help!

I love the spa, my daughter and I are on the Breeze next year and chose a spa cabin. Adding another person for spa privileges for a 7 night cruise is $150.

Thank you. Are there heated loungers in there too?

The big jaccuzzi/pool or whatever you call it?

Sauna?

There will be three of us and my dd loves the spa so I think that is what we will do.

Thanks so much!

Hi. I think if I cant get an aft other than deck 9, Ill go with a Cove balcony but before I book I have a question.

For those that have sailed in a Cove, do you feel removed from the rest of the ship on Deck 2? Or, is being on Deck 2 just like being on any other deck?

Thank you.

Many prefer the aft extended balconies on deck 9 because of the overhang (which creates privacy and shade). I originally booked an extended aft cabin on deck 7, but then changed to deck 9 after spending hours and hours reading reviews about cabins on deck 9. Most people say the pool above you is not an issue. The cabin next to the corner aft cabins have balconies that are twice as big as the other aft balconies (one of those secrets people don't talk about). Aft balconies on deck 6,7 and 8 have no privacy and no shade (at all!).

I usually book a balcony cabin, but then end up spending very little time on it because of the heat (except on my Alaska cruise where I lived on the balcony). The thought of having no cover at all is what made me change my extended aft balcony cabin to one on deck 9. With almost all people in those cabins saying noise was not an issue (and the fact that I was able to score one of the 2 cabins with a balcony twice as large as the others) I feel confident I made the right choice for me.

Edited by Lisichka

I love a cove. We are booked on the Breeze for a b2b next April. I went back and forth but ended up booking the cove. We had a cove on the dream a couple years ago and loved it. Book midship near the elevators, and you won't feel so removed. We had 2288 and that's the same room we booked on our b2b.

Beware of Empress ext afts next to the corner wraps. They are much smaller than the other ext afts, They have no sofa or cocktail table in them. balconies are nice,. Call Carnival and make sure of the layout and accomadations of the ext aft. I have had 4 ext afts and the one on the Breeze was the worst. It felt claustrophobic. I just booked the Sunshine, Deck 7 and i called Carnival. My PVP said the ext afts next to the wraps did not have the sofa areas either, so I booked the next one over to the left of the smaller cabin. If you are willing to pay for the ext aft, you should get a decent size room also.

Are the afts on deck 9 bigger cabins too? There are two left. One on each side of the middle aft cabin. But the pool deck above is worrisome to me.

The afts also look much smaller then RCCL, NCL and Disney afts but if its still good maybe aft? OMG I need to just make a darn decision!

Dont know what to do!

Are the cove balconies loud with the water outside. I love to keep the door open. When was last reports of them having to close the coves. I am sailing January 30.

Thank you.

We have been in an aft cabin below the pool in the last 2 cruises....one of them the Magic. No noise issues! I don't know about the size of the room on the Breeze as on the Magic we were in the deck 9 aft wrap that does have a smaller room. Last week on the Freedom we got the aft with the double balcony next to the wrap. We just love the quick access to the aft pools that are soooo much quieter than the main pool

We have been in an aft cabin below the pool in the last 2 cruises....one of them the Magic. No noise issues! I don't know about the size of the room on the Breeze as on the Magic we were in the deck 9 aft wrap that does have a smaller room. Last week on the Freedom we got the aft with the double balcony next to the wrap. We just love the quick access to the aft pools that are soooo much quieter than the main pool

Thank you. Maybe Ill just book the aft on Deck 9 and keep looking if another deck opens up. We cannot book the L wrap around since there are three of us.

My first choice is lido....love the location. If I don't book lido then I book cove...look at location of the cove cabin, I was under the kitchen once and my particular cabin was kind of noisy from all the rolling above!

Thank you. Maybe Ill just book the aft on Deck 9 and keep looking if another deck opens up. We cannot book the L wrap around since there are three of us.

The only thing about afts extended on deck 9 is that they put chairs out around the pool very early which would be right above you.

My first choice is lido....love the location. If I don't book lido then I book cove...look at location of the cove cabin, I was under the kitchen once and my particular cabin was kind of noisy from all the rolling above!

Thanks so much. We were thisclose to booking the Cove but decided to do the aft instead.

The only thing about afts extended on deck 9 is that they put chairs out around the pool very early which would be right above you.

I know. That is what is bothering me. I always book sandwiched in-between cabins and the afts on Breeze aren't as big as the DCL, NCL and RCCL afts. But they are still larger than the side balconies. So, I booked Deck 9 since there were only two afts left for this sailing. The early morning chair wake ups may get me up and out to the gym before the day starts or Ill go back to sleep.

Ill keep watching the site to see if any other afts open up however I do like that we will have a little more privacy on Deck 9 and a little shade with the overhang. Lido on deck up is nice too.

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

I know. That is what is bothering me. I always book sandwiched in-between cabins and the afts on Breeze aren't as big as the DCL, NCL and RCCL afts. But they are still larger than the side balconies. So, I booked Deck 9 since there were only two afts left for this sailing. The early morning chair wake ups may get me up and out to the gym before the day starts or Ill go back to sleep.

Ill keep watching the site to see if any other afts open up however I do like that we will have a little more privacy on Deck 9 and a little shade with the overhang. Lido on deck up is nice too.

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

Enjoy your cruise, would love to hear your thoughts on it when you return.