San Fernando Valley to San Pedro

We are a family of 6 adults (with 12 pieces of luggage) and would like to take some kind of car service from the San Fernando Valley to the Cruise Terminal in San Pedro. Any recommendations other than Prime Time?

Edited by cruiserjanet

We are a family of 6 adults (with 12 pieces of luggage) and would like to take some kind of car service from the San Fernando Valley to the Cruise Terminal in San Pedro. Any recommendations other than Prime Time?

You could into renting a town car . Another option is rent a van for the day and return to a car rental near the port.

How long is your cruise. Parking at San Pedro is $16 a day.

It's 15 days so with 2 cars, that would be a lot of $$. We could save more money if we could go together. I looked into hotels in the area but it would be so much more than the parking and we live only 50 miles from the port. Looks like parking has gone up $4 per day since we last went on a cruise out of San Pedro.

We use Ontime successfully the last time. They came on time and actually to the right location (unlike Prime Time, which we'll never use again).

What I did was to gather up a number land transportation companies (I used yelp for names and websites -- I did look at reviews, but most likely you'll get a ton of 5s and a ton of 1s, so I would take those with a grain of salt). I went on the websites and looked over the general info and then went through the contract us emails and listed our needs: the sailing date, the time we wanted to be picked up, how many of us, the items we were planning to take, including our plastic crate o'beverages and a guitar case, and also gave the return date. I got most replies within hours. I called Ontime and asked about contact on our pickup day (yes, the driver calls you and confirms the address and when he's coming -- one major problem with PT was all I got was a recorded message that our "driver was on the way" without indicating where the driver was going, which turned out to be the wrong place).

So some research, but since you're doing a point by point arrangement, the booking/quote engine won't work for you.

Be assured that there are many companies that service the Valley.