Table for two sir?

As someone who likes cruises to be cruises rather than just another 'holiday', purely imho, the cruise lines are sadly diluting that experience. I would prefer rooms to still be cabins, entertainment managers to be cruise directors, floors to be decks and the reception to be the purser's desk.

I do however accept that I am probably very much in the minority :). I also appreciate the much improved standard of the cabins on today's ships!

I agree with you entirely. If I go to a hotel, I expect floors, rooms, a reception desk etc.. If I go on a cruise then I expect decks, cabins/staterooms and a purser's desk.

It's a mystery to me why some people look down on interior cabins so much. Interior cabins allow us to be able to afford to take a cruise. We already save damned hard for our cruises and having no interior cabins on a ship would mean that we couldn't afford to cruise. We spend so little time in our cabin anyway, why on earth would we want to spend the difference on a window? We'd far rather spend the difference on a couple of nice meals in the speciality restaurants or on a memorable shore excursion.

As someone who likes cruises to be cruises rather than just another 'holiday', purely imho, the cruise lines are sadly diluting that experience. I would prefer rooms to still be cabins, entertainment managers to be cruise directors, floors to be decks and the reception to be the purser's desk.

I do however accept that I am probably very much in the minority :). I also appreciate the much improved standard of the cabins on today's ships!

I think there is a very technical nautical term for this, - it's called dumbing down. :D

I too prefer the traditional terms to be used but then I also prefer to cruise on a ship and not a floating hotel block so perhaps the terms currently used are actually appropriate and not just to make it simpler for the chavs to comprehend.:)

I think there is a very technical nautical term for this, - it's called dumbing down. :D

I too prefer the traditional terms to be used but then I also prefer to cruise on a ship and not a floating hotel block so perhaps the terms currently used are actually appropriate and not just to make it simpler for the chavs to comprehend.:)

That made me 'lol', as the cool kids say :D:D:D