Bitter and Blanc

If we go to the steakhouse the night they have Bitter & Blanc in the MDR, can we still get it?

- do they have it at the Lido buffet?

- can we go to the dining room and just have dessert?

It is DH's favorite dessert. We missed it last cruise because it was a 6-day and that's the menu they left out.

I know we could go to the steakhouse on another night, but right now, that's the menu I'm planning to skip.

We were just on the freedom with the new menus and sadly there was no bitter and blanc on the 7 day American menu. I was really disappointed too. If you have anytime dining I would think you could just have dessert in the Mdr we have gone to dinner before and just ordered a baked potato. Good luck on getting your dessert. [emoji51]

Bitter & Blanc is still on the American Table menu's, two weeks ago on the Breeze is was on the same night as Beef Wellington.

It is only an MDR dessert, it is not on the Buffet. At least I have never heard of it being there.

If you ask in advance, the moment you sit down, maybe a server can get one from the MDR along with the vanilla crème. Perhaps flash a 10 spot. ;)

I don't know what the steakhouse rules are regarding that but when we had a special dessert from a vow renewal package they served it to us in the SH.

If you have anytime dining, I prefer early myself, but eat dinner at the SH and then slide into the anytime dinning room and just order B&B!

or make sure you don't book the SH in the middles of the week.

Only a few carnival cruises ... What is butter and blanc?

it is a sort of bread pudding, but not - like cubes of white cake with a dark chocolate core served in a souffle cup, hot, then the waiter breaks open the top and fills it with a delightful warm, vanilla sauce - then you are in heaven as you eat it!

We were in the steakhouse one evening and when they asked about dessert we confess we were going to go downstairs to the MDR for an alternative dessert. They insisted on serving it to us in the steakhouse. We were very grateful for their kindness.

it is a sort of bread pudding, but not - like cubes of white cake with a dark chocolate core served in a souffle cup, hot, then the waiter breaks open the top and fills it with a delightful warm, vanilla sauce - then you are in heaven as you eat it!

I recommended it to other people at our table on one cruise and when it came it was all dried out.

It was not good.

They thought I was crazy.

I no longer recommend food to others.:)

About bitter and blanc in the buffet, my (then) teenage son found it on the buffet once.

He did not know what it was but he was telling us about the wonderful stuff he had eaten at the buffet and liked so much that he ate five.

I asked him what it was and he did not know and tried to describe it.

(Bitter and blanc is hard to describe.)

Then it showed up again at dinner that night (we used to do late) and he ate another.

Done well it is wonderful stuff.

We were in the steakhouse one evening and when they asked about dessert we confess we were going to go downstairs to the MDR for an alternative dessert. They insisted on serving it to us in the steakhouse. We were very grateful for their kindness.

They are always very accommodating in the steakhouse!

• 7 months later...

I have not yet had it. Sounds very yummy. I googled it and here is the recipe:

http://www.***********/info/carnival-cruise-lines/food-recipes/bitter-blanc-bread-pudding.php

Looks like you can't print from that sight. I found another you can print from:

http://thetravelbite.com/recipes/bitter-and-blanc-bread-pudding/

Edited by familyoutdoors

Love the steakhouse but not thrilled with their desserts. Never thought to ask for this.

Sorry folks but if you sail a ship that has the American Table B&B is no longer on the menu.

So sad.

Which ship did you sail on that it was missing?

And what length of cruise.

The Breeze was an 8 day trip.

Imagine its less likely on shorter cruises.

I think it was either Wednesday or Thursday night.

Which ship did you sail on that it was missing?

And what length of cruise.

The Breeze was an 8 day trip.

Imagine its less likely on shorter cruises.

I think it was either Wednesday or Thursday night.

I sailed a 7 day on the Freedom. I think you might be correct B&B is on an 8 day. We asked our waiter and he said it was no longer offered.

We also sailed the 12 day repo on the Freedom in Feb of 2015. It was the last sailing of the old menu. When I told our waiter it was my favorite he said "enjoy it is not on the new menu." He also made sure I had it for a couple of other nights.