Question on latitudes rewards point for cruises nine months of more away..

amscene1

I booked a cruise 9 months out but I don't think it was exactly to the mark. Will I still get credit or do they count by the exact booking day to departure day (exactly 270 days or greater) I've heard conflicting stories.

It goes by the calendar date, not by the number of days. Today is May 17th, nine months from today is February 17th (276 days later).

It sounds like you are hoping that they assume (to your advantage) that 1 month = 30 days, but that is not how they do it.

If it is a 7 day cruise and you can take the cruise one week later and it fits

your schedule do not wait till the end of week book it now for the additional

latitude reward points you get for booking 9 months out.

If you are platinum it does not mean anything unless you are reaching a mile

stone point 250 points or so.

But if you are border line in getting platinum - the benefits although few

(sparkling bubbly in your cabin- laundry benefit-maybe a complimentary

specialty dinner-etc.) will be something on your NEXT cruise.

You don't get them until you have earned them (sailed).

Once at Platinum your Stateroom/Sail & Sign card is encoded and the NCL

staff is supposed to recognize that feature whenever the card is used.

Fastest way to Platinum is book:

a Latitudes offer - 1 extra point per cruise night

book 9 months out - 1 extra point per cruise night

book a suite/haven - 1 extra point per cruise night

and added base booking - 1 point per cruise night

A 19 day cruise with the above gets you platinum right away after sailing.

Platinum starts at 76 Latitude Reward Points.

19 + 19 + 19 + 19 = 76

Personal observation:

With the present circus of Promos and fees - dine in take out fees the

Platinum status would impress no one - but down the cruise road things may

change back to what they used to be - so don't leap through flaming hoops

just to get to Platinum.

If I book 10 months out then change my booking for different perks. Booked inside cabin with Allin promotion thru NCL the changed to Ocean View with free UDP and UBP with CAS for disount 5 months out. Booking number stayed the same But the date on the confirmation is different. Will I still get the extra point for 9 months out?

If I book 10 months out then change my booking for different perks. Booked inside cabin with Allin promotion thru NCL the changed to Ocean View with free UDP and UBP with CAS for disount 5 months out. Booking number stayed the same But the date on the confirmation is different. Will I still get the extra point for 9 months out?

No. I did the same thing with CAS in April to get the additional perks for our October cruise. I lost the extra points in addition to paying an increase in fare but it was still worth it. We're already Platinum so loosing the extra points wasn't a factor.

If the fare goes down within 9 months of sailing but I booked originally more than 9 months out, my PCC still gives me the double Latitudes, saying I did not rebook, kept the same cabin, got no other perks, just paid less. This has happened on many cruises, including price reductions right before the final payment due date, so I made platinum on my 6th cruise without booking anything besides inside and ocean view cabins. I have sailed 71 days, have 121 points.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone verify that an upgrade less than 9 months out would still keep the extra points? If the better balconies on my TA ever get cheap, I want to upgrade to one, but not lose the points.

I've upgraded and not lost points. All depends on how they do it.

When dealing with these Latitude points issue make sure you are going thru

a competent TA or PCC. Don't just handle this on your own thru the internet

website - the booking machine is very impersonal !

Know your TA well and communicate exactly what you want and expect !

With a TA or PCC after a down payment an invoice will be made with all the

bonuses; perks; and other ambiguous language noted for you to read over

and agree to before more making the final payment.

After a few cruises you should know the drill and trust your TA or PCC to do

the job you expect and get it right if not !

Seriously, when we rebooked to get the free ubp, not only did the booking class as the date of the rebook but to top it we lost the deposit and had to repay - good old UK rules for you

Could it be because it was a true rebooking (cancel/book)? You wanted the current promotion. They were not available when you origninally booked. If you simply upgraded your cabin and kept the promotions you had, there is probably less of a chance that it will be considered a new booking and you would have kept the 9 months out points.

Edited by drvalo

If the fare goes down within 9 months of sailing but I booked originally more than 9 months out, my PCC still gives me the double Latitudes, saying I did not rebook, kept the same cabin, got no other perks, just paid less. This has happened on many cruises, including price reductions right before the final payment due date, so I made platinum on my 6th cruise without booking anything besides inside and ocean view cabins. I have sailed 71 days, have 121 points.

We're approaching the same situation. We'll be gold on our Nov. 28 cruise on the Escape (our 6th). Booked this one and our last one (14 days) more than 9 months out, and that will help push us to Platinum after we're done. When we're done with this cruise, we'll have 57 days, 78 points.

--Michael