Britannia Limelight Club

dgs1956

I have heard mixed reports about the Limelight Club. Generally the feedback seems quite positive about the acts and the ambience but not so good on the dining. Could someone who has experienced it give their view please?

We saw Madaline Bell and she was very good. The food for us was poor. A few simple changes and it could have been better.

The menu changes every couple of days so the menu choice for the person you want to see may not be one you'd like. Difficult because you book for the Artists not the food.

We saw Madaline Bell and she was very good. The food for us was poor. A few simple changes and it could have been better.

The menu changes every couple of days so the menu choice for the person you want to see may not be one you'd like. Difficult because you book for the Artists not the food.

Thanks, that pretty much what we heard. Our friend said exactly that and had met another couple who had been 3 times but said the same.

We saw Kiki Dee on the maiden and she was excellent, with regards to the food we were lucky with the menu as it was one we both enjoyed but not knowing until you get on the ship my advice is go to Limelight Club and ask what menu is available and if not to your liking ask if there is any other choice or cancel. The menu is very limited with choice and there are 4 menus that they use on differing nights.

We saw Kiki Dee on the maiden and she was excellent, with regards to the food we were lucky with the menu as it was one we both enjoyed but not knowing until you get on the ship my advice is go to Limelight Club and ask what menu is available and if not to your liking ask if there is any other choice or cancel. The menu is very limited with choice and there are 4 menus that they use on differing nights.

Thanks. Is it just the food choice rather than the quality?

I have heard mixed reports about the Limelight Club. Generally the feedback seems quite positive about the acts and the ambience but not so good on the dining. Could someone who has experienced it give their view please?

We attended two Limelight club evenings and saw Kiki Dee...

16750732139_ce95b83a63_z.jpg

and Madeline Bell...

16935955181_2b6c41220e_z.jpg

On both occasions the food was excellent - particularly when washed down with a good wine.

Here is one example of a main course, a Lemon Sole and Prawn Roulade...

17017225975_13cfde15c3_z.jpg

You'd have to be pretty picky to turn your nose up at that.

The Limelight Club is obviously not on the gastronomic level of Sindhu or The Epicurean but the food was certainly superior to that offered in the main restaurants.

My full review can be found at...

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2015/03/30/britannia-the-maiden-cruise/

PS to the above. Book early and get a ringside seat.:):)

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a good reply. Much appreciated. The food does indeed look excellent. I have now booked for Jacki Graham and we're thinking of booking another.

Thanks for taking the time to give me such a good reply. Much appreciated. The food does indeed look excellent. I have now booked for Jacki Graham and we're thinking of booking another.

My pleasure. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did ours.

Our main course choice was:- fish, scallop and prawn chowder or fillet of beef with cottage pie potato.

We had the beef and wasn't impressed. It was a large piece of beef. (It would have been better sliced and in the sauce). Cottage pie potato was just as it said a portion of cottage pie. ( I was expecting a form of mash). No veg? :confused:

A strange meal combination.

We attended two Limelight club evenings and saw Kiki Dee...

Here is one example of a main course, a Lemon Sole and Prawn Roulade...

17017225975_13cfde15c3_z.jpg

You'd have to be pretty picky to turn your nose up at that.

That looks LUSH! Thank you Richard.

If only the Xmas cruise was a bit cheaper we might get to enjoy that. (A lot cheaper its over £3k for a balcony, having said that the Azura is getting there but not with that level of entertainment and food)