Can the Beds in a Handicap 4J Connect?

cruisexlife

Hello,

I want to bring my married friends along on my next cruise. They don't want to pay for a balcony because they are always out and about, like me, but they don't want to feel caved in with an inside. So 4J's are the best option for them. The only 3 available on the sailing we want are 6206, 7206, 1026. Do the beds in these rooms connect? Looking at the floor plan, I don't see why they wouldn't, but I just want to make sure before I tell them to go book an oceanview or balcony cabin. Conquest-Class if it changes the answer.

Thanks so much for any help in advance! :D

Not that I know of. I had one of those end 4Js on Victory and it was a very strange layout.

Go to cruisedeckplans dot com and look for any of the deck plans for a ship in that class. It may take a little navigating, but you should eventually find a page that list each cabin for every deck and will tell you the bed configuration, whether there's a mini-bar, HC modified, etc.

BTW, it was fine for DD and me, but it was a small cabin. Since that itinerary was a port every day, we spent very little time in there.

BUT, it was very loud since people seemed to be going out onto the not-very-secret deck at all hours and letting the doors slam. I was awakened several times every night and early morning. I'd never book one of those end cabins again. I'd find a different HC modified cabin if possible.

I actually prefer an inside if I can't have a balcony, and since I often sail solo, that's not really an option, price-wise. I just won't pay extra for a window. And these especially since you can't even see the ocean!

Edit: ok, you don't even need to find the detail page. The website I noted shows a * next to the cabin number and the key states that the beds do not convert.

If I could get to my old photos that were on Webshots, I'd post it. One bed is along the wall (outer hull) and the other is at the end of the foot of that bed. It's even a tight squeeze just walking in and to the closets (which were along the front wall). I bet if you Google that cabin number (remembering that there are five different ships in that class plus Victory and Triumph have them), you should find photos.

Do your friends need a handicapped room? If not, maybe they should look for a regular room instead. Also, the ocean view rooms on this ship are bigger (220 sq ft) which is nice.

Nope, but like mentioned, but those that are still available for this sailing.

They usually hold some back (they won't show on the website) and I've been told that if a handicap person does need the room and a non-handicap person has it booked, if there are no other options than you can be booted to a non accessible room.

Do what you want ... But personally I would feel guilty taking a handicapped room if not needed.

Knowing that the cabin will be taken if needed for a handicapped person I have no qualms whatsoever in booking an HC cabin. If I stay, then I know it wasn't needed. If I get moved, I know it's going to someone who truly did need it.

Not that I know of. I had one of those end 4Js on Victory and it was a very strange layout.

Go to cruisedeckplans dot com and look for any of the deck plans for a ship in that class. It may take a little navigating, but you should eventually find a page that list each cabin for every deck and will tell you the bed configuration, whether there's a mini-bar, HC modified, etc.

BTW, it was fine for DD and me, but it was a small cabin. Since that itinerary was a port every day, we spent very little time in there.

BUT, it was very loud since people seemed to be going out onto the not-very-secret deck at all hours and letting the doors slam. I was awakened several times every night and early morning. I'd never book one of those end cabins again. I'd find a different HC modified cabin if possible.

I actually prefer an inside if I can't have a balcony, and since I often sail solo, that's not really an option, price-wise. I just won't pay extra for a window. And these especially since you can't even see the ocean!

Edit: ok, you don't even need to find the detail page. The website I noted shows a * next to the cabin number and the key states that the beds do not convert.

If I could get to my old photos that were on Webshots, I'd post it. One bed is along the wall (outer hull) and the other is at the end of the foot of that bed. It's even a tight squeeze just walking in and to the closets (which were along the front wall). I bet if you Google that cabin number (remembering that there are five different ships in that class plus Victory and Triumph have them), you should find photos.

Oh okay I'll look into them later!

Wow, I love 4J's! They are great, I usually sail with my mother or my one cruising friend, so they work nicely. I have never run into those listed problems. Maybe because I have always had rooms sandwiched between each other I have never run into the door slamming problem. I'll investigate more, thanks for your help!

Hello,

I want to bring my married friends along on my next cruise. They don't want to pay for a balcony because they are always out and about, like me, but they don't want to feel caved in with an inside. So 4J's are the best option for them. The only 3 available on the sailing we want are 6206, 7206, 1026. Do the beds in these rooms connect? Looking at the floor plan, I don't see why they wouldn't, but I just want to make sure before I tell them to go book an oceanview or balcony cabin. Conquest-Class if it changes the answer.

Thanks so much for any help in advance! :D

The 4J I had on the Glory was a handicapped room and the beds could not be put together. They were head to head.

Do what you want ... But personally I would feel guilty taking a handicapped room if not needed.

I would too. However, to my understanding, Carnival holds back some handicap rooms for people who are handicap, as well as the ones listed on the website, so when they choose a cabin, they can choose any of those cabins. So there many be another handicap 4J waiting for them to choose. Also, they have all right to kick you out of the handicap room if someone books the cruise and needs the room and they're out, or someone breaks a bone and needs the room. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've been told.

We got a handicap 4J on the Victory forward starboard corner when booking a guarantee inside. The beds were one in front of the other along the outside wall. At night we slid one next to the other blocking the main entrance, in the morning pushed it back. Really no trouble, your choice.

Have had 4j on the Liberty for last 2 cruises. Do not know your ship but some can and some cannot. We have been lucky and ours have been made into queen beds. Not all 4js are handicap either. Ours was because we needed it and we were up on deck 10. I love 4js.