Questions on Hotel for FOS and Grand Suite Question

Hello, all! Going on FOS in August, and have a few questions.

1. Looking for a great hotel, close to the Port, that would include breakfast. My last cruise (a few years ago) I could have sworn we stayed at an Embassy Suites, but I don't find one listed.

2. We are staying in a GS for the first time, which I have heard has reserved seating at shows. However, I would like to make a reservation just in case. But, the system doesn't let me, and, when I called, they told me you can't make show reservations anymore, even if not in a suite. Is that correct?

Thanks for the help!

Can't you make reservations for the ice show, or did they stop that?

They discontinued pre-cruise reservations for the ice show on Freedom.

Edited by clarea

We are staying at the La Quinta on Atlantic Ave. in Cocoa Beach in a couple of weeks. It is across from the beach. They have breakfast, a park and shuttle package or a voucher for 40% off cruise terminal parking. The reviews sound good so it should be ok for one night. I will let you know how it is. Can't wait for our cruise on the 31st!

We are going August 9th and staying in a Grand Suite too. We have always stayed at Country Inn and Suites right across from the port. They will let you park and shuttle you over. If you incur problems, the management there will correct it quickly! Would recommend them highly!

Can't you make reservations for the ice show, or did they stop that?

since you are in a suite there will be/should be a special show JUST for suites and top tier C&A people.

jut present the invite you get in your cabin.

of course you are free to attend any of the regular shows as well. with reserved sections, as long as you show up about 10-15 minutes before showtime you should have no problem getting a spot.