Fitness center fleecing

Are there any free classes offered? If not I will just work out like I do at the gym.

When we were on Indy this past February, I did not notice any free classes. I thought the cost of a class was very reasonable, $12. A gratuity was automatically added when I signed the receipt. In any case it was less than what a one time yoga class would have been back at home, IF I could even find a yoga studio that allowed people to 'sample a class'.

I was more than happy to pay the cost, to see if I liked yoga at all.

Which ones are being charged for that weren't charged for before?

Stretching? FabAbs? Spin? (I don't remember paying for spin on Vision, at least)

" I was more than happy to pay the cost, to see if I liked yoga at all."

FWIW, the yoga class I took (and paid for) on Vision wasn't that good. Bad way to see if one likes it, IMO.

All yoga places around me offer a drop-in fee...yours don't? Weird!

Which ones are being charged for that weren't charged for before?

Stretching? FabAbs? Spin? (I don't remember paying for spin on Vision, at least)

" I was more than happy to pay the cost, to see if I liked yoga at all."

FWIW, the yoga class I took (and paid for) on Vision wasn't that good. Bad way to see if one likes it, IMO.

All yoga places around me offer a drop-in fee...yours don't? Weird!

Since I have never taken a yoga class before the one I took on Indy, I can't say if it was bad or good, I can say, that I enjoyed the yoga experience and would be willing to try it a few more times, when my gym starts to offer it.

I imagine an experienced yoga enthusiast might have thought it was very very fundamental....but for most of the participants is was a good 'elementary class'.

Not only are they charging for some of the classes, use to be free, they now added a 18% tip. Even on land the fitness instructor does not get a tip.

I've been cruising since 2001, and don't remember when the spinning class was free.

Stretch class is free.

Tips were added at least 3 years ago, so that's not new, too.

I've been cruising since 2001, and don't remember when the spinning class was free.

Stretch class is free.

Tips were added at least 3 years ago, so that's not new, too.

Those tips have definitely been there for a while.

I also don't remember any free classes that you now have to pay for.

I wouldn't mind if they had a few more options for classes. I liked the trx class on allure but it wasn't available on oasis or liberty and only the freedom class ships seem to have the boxing classes.

Edited by somerandomidiot

Those tips have definitely been there for a while.

I also don't remember any free classes that you now have to pay for.

I wouldn't mind if they had a few more options for classes. I liked the trx class on allure but it wasn't available on oasis or liberty and only the freedom class ships seem to have the boxing classes.

When we were on Indy, they had the boxing ring, but no classes scheduled for it...so silly, why have it -- if it isn't going to be used.

Edited by Paulette3028

When we were on Indy, they had the boxing ring, but no classes scheduled for it...so silly, why have it -- if it isn't going to be used.

Hmm, I did the boxing class on Liberty last week. I remember the boxing ring being there on Freedom in '08 but I don't remember if there was a class.

That boxing class was a ton of fun. Just 45min-ish of non stop punching. I did the boot camp class immediately after on the days it was available

I wish they would have more of these types of classes. On NCL breakaway a couple of years ago they had up to three classes like this a day. so you'd have something like a trx class followed by a boxing class in the morning and then a boot camp class in the afternoon.

Check the message board on your ship (usually located near Guest Services)

On a recent cruise, there was a fellow passenger/yoga instructor offering to lead a free, early morning class on one of the sea days.

About 10 showed up.