Get Euros on Allure

You might be able to get a small amount, at a poor exchange rate, but the ship is not set up to be a currency exchange.

Best way to get Euros is to use a debit card in an ATM in Europe.

On a western med cruise in a couple weeks, just wondering if it's possible to exchange dollars for euros onboard the Allure.

Thanks!

Hi Cruiser: Don't know if this will help but we went to AAA and got some euros for travel before we left. Forgot the amount but remember they give each member a amount as a travel pack with a good exchange rate. We used them going over to med and had enough to cover us when in Spain, France & Italy. Bob The Villages Florida

We have found the best exchange rate is typically using our debit card. Of course then you have the hassle of finding an atm in your network and you are limited to your daily limit. I remember standing by an atm in Rome waiting for the 24 hour limit to rollover before we got in the taxi to the pier. [emoji1]

We have found the best exchange rate is typically using our debit card. Of course then you have the hassle of finding an atm in your network and you are limited to your daily limit. I remember standing by an atm in Rome waiting for the 24 hour limit to rollover before we got in the taxi to the pier. [emoji1]

We use a Capital One debit card, so there are no foreigh transaction fees and we are reimbused for ATM fees up to $30 per month.

I am getting euros at my bank before I leave, spending 4 days in Rome prior to the cruise. I was just thinking of options if I spend more than I planned for with all the other stops.

Al

I am getting euros at my bank before I leave, spending 4 days in Rome prior to the cruise. I was just thinking of options if I spend more than I planned for with all the other stops.

Al

I'm not sure if you have tours planned, but some will let you prepay which can help a lot of needed cash on hand. I have prepaid 90% of our transfers and torus for our upcoming allure med trip. (We go june 7-14). Some charge a few percentage points extra but it's worth it to me not to have to worry about that much cash.

We use a Capital One debit card, so there are no foreigh transaction fees and we are reimbused for ATM fees up to $30 per month.

Is the rate what you would get from a debit card? Is it accepted at all ATMs?

Is the rate what you would get from a debit card? Is it accepted at all ATMs?

The card is a debit card that is connected to a Capital One checking account. It's been accepted at all ATMs so far. We never look for an ATM in a particular network.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the compass that Craig just posted from the first med cruise, euros are available from the ATM deck 5 aft next to Guest Services with a 6 euro transaction fee.

I have a card that sounds similar to Bob's - it reimburses all ATM fees. Mine is the Schwab checking account card and has worked everywhere I've tried.