Dishonest cruise passengers

Considering the amount of people openly advocating smuggling booze on board or filing a bogus complaint to skip out on DSC, should we be surprised there are dishonest people on cruise ships?

OUCH, That hurts.bottom.gif I personally would have no problem with bringing "Unauthorized Beverages" on board if need be. But as the A/V coordinator in a Hospital, I frequently find Cell phones, keys, Tablets, Glasses and other stuff in our amphitheater and board rooms. And I go to great lengths to find the rightful owners of these items. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

dp

A few years ago we had a man pick up my wife's D 7000 and walk away from customs. We found him entering the car garage as he was pulling off the bright orange name tag with my wife's name embroidered on it.

My 27 year old son told him to hand over the camera. The guy said to ......... ourselves. I turned to get security and turned back as I heard the knuckles on jaw sound followed by the thud of thief to ground.

One son picked up camera, second son pulled name tag out of his hand, daughter screamed unmentionables at him and wife drug daughter away before kick was delivered.

I handed contact info to security in case some well meaning authority wanted to discuss western justice with us. No one did.

Thief removed self from ground to steal another day. I lectured boys and daughter on proper behavior then high fever all.

Sometimes you have to do it yourself.

I love the way your family metered justice!! Hopefully, the jerk will think twice before stealing something else (but in case he didn't, I hope someone gave him the whipping he deserved)! :D

Going thru Customs 5/16 from a cruise on the Oasis, I accidently left my camera bag on the desk at Station 20 and when I went back about 5 minutes later, it was gone! Our pictures and a Nikkon D7100 with multiple lenses went home with someone who knew he/she was stealing a camera. Customs does NOT use cameras to monitor anything. RCCL uses facial recognition software to match you with photos taken on board. How can people be that heartless to steal your memories.

Port Everglades Cruise Terminal 18 does have security cameras.

Call the local Customs Office 954-761-2000

I noticed just after coming out of the theater last week on Navigator that I left my purse hanging on the chair. Went back and it was gone. I was certain it was gone forever...but to my good fortune... it was waiting for me at guest services. :-)