Mexico Independence Day

jen&samcantwait

As I recall the fireworks take place late at night on the 15th, celebrating the "grito de dolores" made by Father Hidalgo. I thought the parades were usually held in the later afternoon on the 16th, but there could be other celebration events occurring. Maybe Kletina, who lives on the island can speak to this year's events.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell by your post if you are looking to attend and/or watch some of the events or if you are worried about having to get around with the events being held that day.

If it's the later...we have been there during Independence Day and never had a problem with taxi service getting from and back to the port. The taxi drivers just went around it and it barely took any time or delays at all.

Again, I'm not sure if that's what you were worried about of if you just wanted to see what was going on. :)

Crewscreeper is right, the fireworks and fiesta take place late at night on the 15th, celebrating the "grito de dolores" mucho tequila & beer in bars and in streets, VIVA MEXICO!!! VIVA!!! then next day sept 16 independence parade about 10am, so at 1:30pm not independence day events, but as your ship will depart at 10pm you will see the flags and light night decoration in the streets and there almost all tours, taxi cabs, restaurants, bars and stores will be working as usual

Edited by Kletina
yes