moved from stateroom without notification

ellopoppet

Thanks Andrew. Good idea. I do have several emails from the TA stating it is Norwegian's error. But nothing from Norwegian. I sent an email to Norwegian's public relations. Hopefully, I will hear back from them.

Mine wasn't a cancel/rebook. I was bumped to different cabins when I purchased the beverage package.

So this had nothing to do with a "promo" UBP. You actually purchased the UBP. That should not have affected your cabins in any way shape or form. This gets smellier by the second. I would say the TA royally screwed this up somehow.

Mine wasn't a cancel/rebook. I was bumped to different cabins when I purchased the beverage package.
I've purchased UDP and shore excursions after booking and it never changed the cabin. Sounds like your TA really screwed this up. Also, think the folks that got your cabins go through the TA as well, that is why she had their contact information. I would apply a lot of pressure on the TA to either upgrade you to the highest available cabins or give you a whole lot of OBC to make up for her mistake. There is really no reason why, if it is one of her clients, she simply can't just switch the rooms back and tell the other folks she made a mistake.

The TA did something wrong. Then tried to cover it with the mini suite thing which may or may not have existed.

As said by another person, the $50 OBC may well be coming from your TA, and not NCL.

By the way, we always register online way before the one month period. Never heard of that rule.

Again, the TA may well have been doing something funny that kept you from being able to do that.

Said with finger waving in the TA's face. "Very, very bad person. Very, very bad" (from old Seinfeld episode)

From me to you OP, you are probably better off not being right next to the other people you are traveling with. I always prefer to be at least a few cabins away from other people in our party if not on the other side of the ship. I don't want the others to know my every move, hear every sound, etc. :eek: I would consider this a bonus now that you're not all together. You can easily call each others room, make plans in advance, or even leave post it's on each other's doors. You'll all have a fantastic cruise, just being on the ship is amazing. You don't necessarily need to be in adjacent rooms to enjoy yourselves.

I am still going to go but I am still not happy about being moved without notification. I will always put on a happy face for the sake of my family because they are the most important to me. I will be smarter next time. Live and Learn.

From me to you OP, you are probably better off not being right next to the other people you are traveling with. I always prefer to be at least a few cabins away from other people in our party if not on the other side of the ship. I don't want the others to know my every move, hear every sound, etc. :eek: I would consider this a bonus now that you're not all together. You can easily call each others room, make plans in advance, or even leave post it's on each other's doors. You'll all have a fantastic cruise, just being on the ship is amazing. You don't necessarily need to be in adjacent rooms to enjoy yourselves.

The 'other people' was her son and her daughter.

Harriet

Having just returned from our first cruise with other family, I was going to say something similar. We booked balconies with one "stranger" cabin between us. Near, but we had privacy. We thought it was a very good arrangement.

This doesn't mean the OP shouldn't be upset with the TA and taking it up the chain there, I'm only trying to suggest the OP should still have a very good time.

I'm confused. Who is helping the OP to try to resolve the problem. TA or NCL?

If it's NCL, and this is an outside TA's booking, how can NCL get involved or even talk to the OP. By contractual design it would have to be handled through the TA.

It looks like you in essence rebooked your cruise for those 2cabins when you added the free UBP promotion .. When doing so there is a chance that in those minutes while canceling and rebooking , your original cabins were snatched up as they showed available ...your TA should have warned you that this was a possibility and also noticed that it did indeed occur ...with the new booking you should have received a new invoice which under cabin info lists your cabin number ... At least you are geographically close

exactly: when you add something like a promo you are indeed rebooking and yes, there is a good chance the cabins will be changed. Your travel agent should have let you know this could happen. I am surprised your TA didn't send you a copy of the new invoice. Because she tech owns the reservation it would have come to her and she should have forwarded on to you. I am wondering OP, if you have talked to NCL directly about this or just your agent. If you have an agent and you say you do, so I am assuming this is the case, how could you have dealth directly with NCL?

Edited by newmexicoNita

I'm confused. Who is helping the OP to try to resolve the problem. TA or NCL?

If it's NCL, and this is an outside TA's booking, how can NCL get involved or even talk to the OP. By contractual design it would have to be handled through the TA.

My thoughts exactly: If the OP had a TA to start with she couldn't be working directly with NCL. Something is very confusing here.

Now I am reading the rest of your responses, yes it was a canceled and rebooked reservation. The minute you add a new promo, etc it becomes just that, and yes, you ta screwed up by not telling you this and no, it is not NCLs fault. But after saying all this, let me tell you, we have traveled as family many times and rarely been right next to each other. It really makes absolutely no difference in how much you will enjoy your cruise. We have traveled with cabins next to each other, close to each other and even on different decks, it will all work out and shouldn't have any inpact on your cruise. I am wondering about what you meant when you said, you were allowed to register on line 30 days in advance? We always register on line as soon as we make final payment, usually a few months in advance.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I've purchased UDP and shore excursions after booking and it never changed the cabin. Sounds like your TA really screwed this up. Also, think the folks that got your cabins go through the TA as well, that is why she had their contact information. I would apply a lot of pressure on the TA to either upgrade you to the highest available cabins or give you a whole lot of OBC to make up for her mistake. There is really no reason why, if it is one of her clients, she simply can't just switch the rooms back and tell the other folks she made a mistake.

We have a Spa Mini booked on the Breakaway in November, booked through NCL. A month or so ago the Package deal came out so we reebooked to get the Ultimate Dinning Package. The NCL rep we dealt with said she would try but could not gurantee the exact same stateroom. We did manage to keep the room. I personally didn't care just as long as it was still in catagory.

We booked it a year in advance. Now I think about it... did I just lose 7 (Latitude) points for early booking? Hum, is the UDP worth 7 points? Got me thinking about this taking advantage of promos thing!

I have purely enjoyed my bookings and re-re-booking with NCL. They are always fast, always friendly and speak perfect English. They make sure I have exactly what I want before they are done.

Agreed. I have a wonderful PCC at NCL who is a pleasure to work with and I have complete control over my booking.

We have a Spa Mini booked on the Breakaway in November, booked through NCL. A month or so ago the Package deal came out so we reebooked to get the Ultimate Dinning Package. The NCL rep we dealt with said she would try but could not gurantee the exact same stateroom. We did manage to keep the room. I personally didn't care just as long as it was still in catagory.

We booked it a year in advance. Now I think about it... did I just lose 7 (Latitude) points for early booking? Hum, is the UDP worth 7 points? Got me thinking about this taking advantage of promos thing!

I thought the OP said she purchased the UBP. If she changed the reservation to get a promo then that is a different story.

The people in my original rooms were offered the same balcony rooms just across the hallway together, but declined because they wanted mini suites, which they also declined because they didn't want to be on deck 12. Recently they asked for a beverage package as well. I guess if they want to be next to my son and across from my daughter and husband good luck to them.

The people in my original rooms were offered the same balcony rooms just across the hallway together, but declined because they wanted mini suites, which they also declined because they didn't want to be on deck 12. Recently they asked for a beverage package as well. I guess if they want to be next to my son and across from my daughter and husband good luck to them.

sounds like they are being a bit greedy :eek:

When we booked a year in advance, rebooking less than 9 months before the cruise just to get a lower rate was not considered rebooking for Latitudes purposes. We received about $700 each in a series of price reductions right up to the final payment in February for a 4/19 cruise, so we got double the 29 days for Latitudes purposes while keeping the same cabin for both cruises. We have a very good PCC who initiated the price reductions right up to the final payment due date, we cannot imagine using a TA instead.

Hopefully you TA will do good by you, but no matter if they do or not, don't let it ruin your cruise. You'll have a great time. And if those next to your son happen to complain about the noise from your son's room, just nicely tell them, that that is what you were trying to protect them from.;)

Have a wonderful cruise with your family.

Yes, you did. Same thing happened when I switched my booking from what I booked in early 2014 to then get the KSF promo. I lost the 9 month advanced booking points (leaving me 3 points shy of Platinum.)

Regardless, the extra savings were totally worth it. Don't lose site of the value of what you saved.

I had almost the same thing with Carnival over Turkey day 2014. I had paid for three side by side balcony rooms and had them paid in full. When I was allowed to do on line check in, I noticed that we had been split up, front middle and almost dead aft. I called our T/A and she said Carnival had changed us. We were then offered different floors, inside and split areas and other unwanted rooms. We held fast and ended up with two suites and one balcony not really close to each other. Suites were FANTASTIC!!. Long walk to each others rooms but glad we held fast. Never did find who messed up but suites for balcony $$ was appreciated.