Regal Princess Changes 2016

bassmaster150

I was just looking at the deck plans for the Regal Princess, and noticed that there are two plans...one for sailings before April 2016, and ones for sailings after April 2016. I compared the deck plans but cannot find the changes. Does anyone know what they will be changing in 2016? We are scheduled to sail on her again in May/June of 2016 and we are curious.

When these changes have been previously discussed the consensus opinion is that it's merely a recategorization of cabin categories to adjust pricing.

I haven't done a side-by-side however have read that some of the cabins on the Regal (and Royal) currently considered as obstructed will now be categorized as unobstructed.

I think that recatorgization is also being done on some other ships. About the time the Royal was announced Princess changed categories to reflect passengers preferences & willingness to pay a higher fare. In general gone was the old steamship-era upper decks higher pricing & replaced with higher prices for midship, then aft & finally forward cabins plus more for most lower deck cabins.

That resulted in higher prices for most of the more stable locations midship on lower decks...when demand is higher & supply lower the net result is higher prices. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

When these changes have been previously discussed the consensus opinion is that it's merely a recategorization of cabin categories to adjust pricing.

I haven't done a side-by-side however have read that some of the cabins on the Regal (and Royal) currently considered as obstructed will now be categorized as unobstructed.

I think that recatorgization is also being done on some other ships. About the time the Royal was announced Princess changed categories to reflect passengers preferences & willingness to pay a higher fare. In general gone was the old steamship-era upper decks higher pricing & replaced with higher prices for midship, then aft & finally forward cabins plus more for most lower deck cabins.

That resulted in higher prices for most of the more stable locations midship on lower decks...when demand is higher & supply lower the net result is higher prices. ;)

That was always the, "rule of thumb" - the more stable locations demanded higher prices. With the advances in ship stabilization and the voyage itinerary in calmer waters, the ship location of berths have become less of an issue, but still there is the "rule of thumb".