I found a kindle under the bed

We put a read file on the SD card that is in our camera. If says "If lost please return" and then the inside of the file has our contact information in it. I also try to take a picture of both of us as the first picture of our trip.

Probably better to take a photo of your contact info, as many folks may not think of or have another device to read a text file.

Amazon would likely be able to find out who owns the Kindle and contact the owner. They are registered and owners are instructed to deactivate them if lost.

Edited by klct39lg

We just got off the Grandeur of the Seas on Friday. I lost my reading glasses sometime (I think in the Windjammer). I travel with a fanny pack on. It is so full, I have to empty it to get to my pills. I think I took my glasses out & forgot to put them back. I went to Guest Services because I read on CC where to go & they had them. I always travel with a couple pair of extra glasses just in case so I would have been fine, but I have had them for a while & I was disappointed in myself for losing them. My husband also lost his cane. He couldn't remember where he left it. I went again to GS but they didn't have his. My hubby finally remembered he left it in the men's room. He went back to look & someone had put it on the shelf in case someone came looking. So he was able to get it back. This is the first time either of us have lost anything.

Sorry this is so wordy.

My lost and found story: A couple of years ago after a Disney cruise I accidentally grabbed an extra suitcase when loading my car up at the port :eek:

My son had already grabbed our big suitcase and thrown it into the truck, and I grabbed one that was almost identical that was sitting next to me as well. Dumb I know. Note to self: Look at the name tag, dummy!

Anyway we were home before we realized it. Called their separate lost and found number, they said something like this happens on almost every cruise. They just took my info and sent UPS to pick up the bag the next day and deliver it to the owners, who had already called looking for it. Cruise line paid the shipping.

Smooth and easy process though I'm sure it sucked to wait 2 or 3 extra days to get their bag back :(

My lost and found story: A couple of years ago after a Disney cruise I accidentally grabbed an extra suitcase when loading my car up at the port :eek:

My son had already grabbed our big suitcase and thrown it into the truck, and I grabbed one that was almost identical that was sitting next to me as well. Dumb I know. Note to self: Look at the name tag, dummy!

Anyway we were home before we realized it. Called their separate lost and found number, they said something like this happens on almost every cruise. They just took my info and sent UPS to pick up the bag the next day and deliver it to the owners, who had already called looking for it. Cruise line paid the shipping.

Smooth and easy process though I'm sure it sucked to wait 2 or 3 extra days to get their bag back :(

Like 2 years ago I lost my first luggage in my life. I have to say is not the best way to end your cruise specially when the workers at the port take it very relaxed while the passenger is desperate for his luggage. Two days later I got a call telling me that they found it and it was shipped home. Since that day I bought a cover for my luggage ImageUploadedByForums1433438816.987129.jpg.abae5d2bcb5076880dcb1d0eb28f3537.jpg

What's wrong with servant?

serv·ant

/ˈsərvənt/

noun

noun: servant; plural noun: servants

a person who performs duties for others, especially a person employed in a house on domestic duties or as a personal attendant.

synonyms: attendant, retainer; More

serv·ant

/ˈsərvənt/

noun

a person who performs duties for others, especially a person employed in a house on domestic duties or as a personal attendant.

I guess it is currently out of favor. I got slammed for using the word handicapped the other day.

My very first cruise back in 91. The first night, my cabinmate and I went to the club. There was a dance contest. I entered and won. I was so excited that ended up leaving my little purse. I didn't realize it until the next morning. My purse had ID, cabin card, credit card, etc. We went to the club in search of it. It wasn't there. Went to customer service and they had it. I was very thankful to the person that turned it in. :)

My left behind story - we were on a British Isles Cruise on HAL and took a ship sponsored tour and then decided to do some more sightseeing and make our way back to the ship. Once off the bus we noticed we left our bag of souvenirs on the bus. Thinking we'd never see them again . . . we checked with guest services and yep the tour guide had turned then in and we never felt luckier. Thank you to honest folks.

serv·ant

/ˈsərvənt/

noun

Technically correct but it's an outdated term with a somewhat negative connotation, at least in the US. Nobody refers to someone that works for them as a "servant". It would be insulting, regardless of the dictionary definition.

And as someone said before, the correct term for the person who attends your room on a ship is a "steward". It has a very specific meaning in nautical terms.

Edited by BamaGuy44