Century Family Ocean View Cabin ?

bethd

My husband, 12 year old son and I are currently booked in a Category 4 outside cabin on the Century's Vista deck. I keep reading about the Family OCean view cabins (Category 3)having more room. A few are still available on our cruise and I'm wondering if I should make the switch. The available ones are on the Vista and Panorama decks. SInce we have never cruised with Celebrity before, I'm unsure about the differences in these cabins. THe Celebrity website was no help.

Should I make the change or keep my current cabin?

Thanks

Beth

The Category 3 Family Ocean View are very nice staterooms. We have stayed in one of these cabins on the Century with our 2 children and it has more square footage than the Cat.4 that you are currently booked in. The Cat 3 is 210 sq. ft. and the Cat 4 is 170 sq. ft.

Also, the cat 3's have a sliding partition that divides the sleeping area from the living area. The cabin actually can sleep 5 with 3 of those being in the living area with 2 fold over sofas and one upper berth.

There is no difference between the deck 8 or deck 9 cat 3's. that I know of.

I would switch if I were you, I think you would be happy with the additional space.

Have a nice cruise.

My husband, 12 year old son and I are currently booked in a Category 4 outside cabin on the Century's Vista deck. I keep reading about the Family OCean view cabins (Category 3)having more room. A few are still available on our cruise and I'm wondering if I should make the switch. The available ones are on the Vista and Panorama decks. SInce we have never cruised with Celebrity before, I'm unsure about the differences in these cabins. THe Celebrity website was no help.

Should I make the change or keep my current cabin?

Thanks

Beth

We stayed in the equivalent cabin on Galaxy (ex Charleston, 12/02), and they really do feel much more spacious than a Cat4 size cabin. You'll find that your son can occupy the aft section and you and your spouse can occupy the front half of the cabin and you won't be stepping on each other getting to the head in the middle of the night, either ;)

We will be in one of these on Century in November. I need to know if they have a VCR because my daughter will need to bring videotapes of missed classes. Please let me know so I can find something to bring if the room doesn't have one. Thanks.

We will be in one of these on Century in November. I need to know if they have a VCR because my daughter will need to bring videotapes of missed classes. Please let me know so I can find something to bring if the room doesn't have one. Thanks.
I guessing "one of these" is an FO. Our FO on Galaxy had a VCR. Even if it's absent, your cabin steward should be able to have one arranged for you. I think all of the FO (C-Class) and FV cabins (M-Class) have them due to the number of families with children that occupy them.

We stayed in one of the 18 Century Cat 3 family cabins (it was our first cruise with Celebrity) and highly recommend them esp if there are more than 2 people in the cabin. The extra room is terrific plus the window is very wide and has a very deep bay.

Unlike the FO cabins on the Mercury and Galaxy, the Cat 3 cabins on the Century do not come with VCRs.

Here are a couple of photos of a Century Cat 3 taken by a passenger:

http://community.webshots.com/album/281463268RUwqlF

THanks everyone for the information. I will be calling our TA today to make the change. I think the extra room will come in handy, since we're traveling with our son.

Thanks again

Happy Cruising

Beth

Century 12/15/05

HAL Rotterdam 3/2005

HAL Zandam 12/2004

HAL Rotterdam 2/2004

NCL Sun 11/2002

CArnival Victory 11/2001

Disney Magic 11/2000

Disney Wonder 11/1999

Carnival Jubilee 12/89